S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

tbi to carb 4.3

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2019, 8:16 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

what "ac coil" are you talking about
Old April 24th, 2019, 8:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its the plastic housing that the air condition coil is in under the hood on the passenger side, at least the ac lines are going to it.the plug is mounted on the side next to the motor, yes i can take a pic will do it tomorrow during day
Old April 24th, 2019, 9:47 PM
I'm here for the party

almost sound like your talking about the evaporator coil. i would have to see the plug to really guess, right now i want to say the it sounds like youre talking about the blower motor relay or resistor. im not too familiar with with the s10 setup. but a pic would definitely help
Old April 27th, 2019, 7:38 AM
CF Junior Member

yes that is what it is, would you know what the 4 wires actually do, im just trying to understand before i go to work on it, that plug is unplugged, but the blower for the heater is still working. sometimes i dont use the right terms and i guess its because im old school, but at 74 i still try to learn
Old April 27th, 2019, 9:39 PM
I'm here for the party

no problem about using the wrong terms, sometimes i still have to look it the proper names for things.
Old May 12th, 2019, 3:28 PM
CF Junior Member

I finally got the conversion finished and doing some work on interior and paint,, truck runs good, no issues, vacuum advance is working properly, but i never did get it to run off intake vacuum hooked to the distributor, i restricted the vacuum on the small port coming off the base of the carb in front of the choke for the distributor and it all works well.