S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Transmission Compatibility? ('84)

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2017, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Compatibility? ('84)

Hello everyone, I'm having trouble finding the information I need so I'm really hoping someone here will be able to help!
I have a 1984 S10 Blazer (Tahoe V6 if it matters), and my transmission (part time 4X4) is beyond saving. I'm trying to find a suitable replacement, which is proving to be a little more difficult than I had anticipated, especially because most of the transmissions I've found are two wheel drive. I know it's possible to put in a two wheel drive transmission, but I figure if I'm going to go to all of this trouble to fix my old girl up I should do it right. So, on to my question(s)!
How can I find out what models and years have the same transmission as my '84 S10 Blazer? Could I use a transmission from a '83-'92 S10 Blazer? I'm assuming the S10 pickup trucks have the same transmission as the Blazers of the same years? Would a Jimmy or other vehicle have a transmission that matches up with my Blazer?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!