S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

want a v6 swap

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2007, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want a v6 swap

Hey everyone. My name is Rotha.

Well here is the story. This truck has a bunch of sentimental value. It is the symbol and reminder of us coming from dirt oor to where we are today. This is the reason we want to keep this truck going. We feel like if we let this workhorse die physically and in our hearts our prosperity might die along with it.

When my dad first came into America as a refugee from Vietnam (he was recon for the Americans and was trained by rangers, he was a mountain man) this was teh first car he ever bought and had. It's been through 3 engine rebuilds and those didin't last as long as we though.

So now, we have a 10,000 dollar budget, and it has a 2.2 or 2.4 I4 TBI engine and we really are looking for more power. The engine we have is slowly dying. So i've done some research, but I don't know everything about it yet. I was thinking yall could help. My parents dont want a v8 cause of gas, a v6 would be great even another I4 would be great. This car tows a lot. I swear old Chevy trucks have a powerful spirit in them with all the stuff this car can tow. I was looking at an ecotec 2.4 SC engine. and then i was looking at a 350 (out of the question) and so im wondering about a v6. The most powerful v6 that can easily be swapped into an old 1986 s10 4x4 I4.

Cliff notes: Looking for an engine and information about a swap from 2.2 I4 TBI to either a more powerful 4cyl engine even SC is cool or a V6. V8 would be easy bout out of the question due to gas prices. Any info would be great and links.

btw we want a completely new engine. I think my dad and his trucks deserves it. Thanks everyone.
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: want a v6 swap

bump
Old April 10th, 2007, 4:18 AM
CF Beginner

its fine. i got all the info i needed from a bmw forum.
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

i have a 4.3 tbi with a 700r4 tranny i want to sell for $600 it comes with the ecu and the wiring harness but pick up only i dont know if this helps you at all