S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

ZR2 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR2 Blazer

Hello I have a 98 zr2 blazer and i pulled the power train out to get resealed. My question is im taking stock exhaust manifold off that have the air tube on the l/h side that goes into the lower intake, im putting on shorty headers w/o the tube.. how can i block off the hole in the intake,and will i get a check engine light?

Last edited by mtiarks28; June 5th, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you want to bypass your EGR valve? You might get a CE light.
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

the egr valve is on the front of engine and they are not connected at all...the pipe does not got to the egr
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by mtiarks28
the egr valve is on the front of engine and they are not connected at all...the pipe does not got to the egr
What engine size is it? So you dont know what the pipe does? I want to look at the manual and see, thats all.
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

its a 4.3 vortec, they call it the air tube
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

So I take it you have a smog pump?

Does this picture look at all like what you are dealing with?
Attached Thumbnails ZR2 Blazer-air-pump.jpg  
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

mine is fuel injected and its one tube that has the wrap on the tube.. screws on the end of the manifold and screws on the lower intake in the middle.. can u find a pic or do want me to email u one?
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

If you have a picture, can you post it here? I am sure with the members help here we can figure out what you need to do.
Old June 5th, 2009, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

how do i insert pics??
Old June 5th, 2009, 1:08 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

When making a post, just scroll down a little and hit "manage attachments" you can upload a photo there. I copied the page under the posting window to show you.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=tcat> Additional Options </TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY id=collapseobj_newpost_options><TR vAlign=top><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Miscellaneous Options</LEGEND><LABEL for=cb_signature><INPUT id=cb_signature tabIndex=1 type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=signature>Show your signature</LABEL></FIELDSET>

<LABEL for=cb_parseurl><INPUT id=cb_parseurl tabIndex=1 type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=parseurl>Automatically parse links in text</LABEL>
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newpost_disablesmiliesoption --><LABEL for=cb_disablesmilies><INPUT id=cb_disablesmilies tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=disablesmilies>Disable smilies in text</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_disablesmiliesoption -->
<FIELDSET></FIELDSET> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newpost_attachment --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attach Files</LEGEND>Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf pdn png psd txt zip

<SCRIPT src="clientscript/vbulletin_attachment.js?v=375" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- var newpost_attachmentbit = '<!-' + '- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newpost_attachmentbit -' + '->\n\r\n \r\n %5$s\r\n (%6$s)\r\n
\n<!-' + '- END TEMPLATE: newpost_attachmentbit -' + '->'; vB_Attachments = new vB_Attachment('attachlist', ''); document.write('<input type="button" id="manage_attachments_button" class="button" tabindex="1" style="font-weight:normal" value="Manage Attachments" title="Click here to add or edit files attached to this message" onclick="vB_Attachments.open_window(\'newattachmen t.php?t=23494&poststarttime=1244225245&posthash=f5 9a59db2e983216172987c6b10057ec\', 480, 480, \'100875\')" />'); //--> </SCRIPT><INPUT class=button id=manage_attachments_button title="Click here to add or edit files attached to this message" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" onclick="vB_Attachments.open_window('newattachment .php?t=23494&poststarttime=1244225245&posthash=f59 a59db2e983216172987c6b10057ec', 480, 480, '100875')" tabIndex=1 type=button value="Manage Attachments"> <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

</FIELDSET> <!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_attachment --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Thread Subscription</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Notification Type:
<SELECT tabIndex=1 name=emailupdate> <OPTION value=9999>Do not subscribe</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>No email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=1 selected>Instant email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Daily email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Weekly email notification</OPTION></SELECT>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET> <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Rate Thread</LEGEND>If you like, you can add a score for this thread.
<SELECT tabIndex=1 name=rating> <OPTION value=0 selected>Choose a rating</OPTION> <OPTGROUP label=""> <OPTION value=5>5 : Excellent</OPTION> <OPTION value=4>4 : Good</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>3 : Average</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>2 : Bad</OPTION> <OPTION value=1>1 : Terrible</OPTION> </OPTGROUP></SELECT>

</FIELDSET>

<INPUT class=button accessKey=s tabIndex=1 type=submit value="Submit Reply" name=sbutton> <INPUT class=button accessKey=r tabIndex=1 type=submit value="Preview Post" name=preview>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quick Reply: ZR2 Blazer