Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

Cranked...

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2010, 8:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cranked...

Before and After the crank. The after is the dirty looking pic, still to clean though. Cranked 7 full turns both sides, and a total lift of 2 1/4 inches.
Attached Thumbnails Cranked...-010.jpg   Cranked...-002.jpg  
Old March 4th, 2010, 8:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah, way better!!! nicely done!!!
Old March 4th, 2010, 8:38 PM
Super Moderator

looks nice
Old March 5th, 2010, 3:59 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Looks good, how much did it change the ride?
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did that to my 99 jimmy, wait till you get an alignment done...your camber angles will be way off and sometimes the cam bolts in the upper control arm cant componsate for it like what happened to me. But its so worth it for that look.
Old March 6th, 2010, 2:15 PM
CF Veteran

Alignment was way off, but it's done. It does ride a lil rougher up front, I'd say it rides like a older 1-ton now. I'm going to get longer shocks up front eventually. Looks good though. I was surprised how noticeable it is. I had a drunk guy argue with me at the bar about it last night, saying I was dumb having different size tires on a 4wd, I kept tellin' him it was a 2wd. He finally got under there and saw there was no t-case.
Old March 6th, 2010, 6:18 PM
CF Active Member

I'm suprised it took 7 full turns to get 2 1/4" of lift. I had to crank my 99 jimmy a while back because the back end was sagging an inch so I put an add-a-leaf which gave me 3 inches in the back then I cranked my bars 1 full crank and got 2 inches in the front. Diffrent designs I guess.
Old March 6th, 2010, 6:34 PM
CF Veteran

Mine is a HD, and from what little I know bout t-bars, I'd only get 3 inchs max. I was a lil surprised by how many turns it took.
Old March 6th, 2010, 6:40 PM
CF Active Member

yeah being heavier is prob has a lot to do with how many turns you get. Have you ever looked into torsion bar lift keys? Maybe its just me but 7 turns sounds like a lot of added strain to those bars. Back in the day they would snap from too much strain. Buts that was like the 60's and 70's. I'm thinking they are a lot stronger now. But people have also told me that when you crank the bars in time they will ware and the tension will release and the ride hight will fall, but my bars have been cranked for two years now and nothing has ever happened.

Last edited by frickenbored; March 6th, 2010 at 6:42 PM.
Old March 6th, 2010, 6:57 PM
CF Veteran

I'm thinking about the keys. It depends on how fast I plan on putting the Dana 60 under the front. from what I've heard on 2000+ trucks, the T-bars tend to hold up pretty good. Haven't heard of any snapping really. Not that i've tried to search the topic either though.

Quick Reply: Cranked...