Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Trying to avoid going to a dealer, 2016 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2024 | 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Trying to avoid going to a dealer, 2016 Suburban

Hi all; this is my first post, just got "signed up", I think. Need help with my Suburban.
Here's the deal:
I've had nothing wrong with this vehicle, ever. Suddenly the thing has decided I can no longer view my tire pressure. I used to simply tap the "up" button on control thingy that is on the steering wheel, about mid point, right side of the wheel. For 8 years now, I can (could) easily check the tire pressure, just hit the Up thing on the wheel, and the tire pressure would display. Now all of a sudden, I hit the up thingy, and it changes the radio station!!! I'm going nuts. And I can't find any info about this, other than a 20 page thing on line from GM, and it really doesn't get me there. And of course, I can't find my owners manual, it's been 8 years and I'm 76 and I can't remember where I put it so it wouldn't get lost. Just wait till you guys hit 76....... Any help on how to reset this thing is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
pndunlop
Old Yesterday | 8:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by pndunlop
Hi all; this is my first post, just got "signed up", I think. Need help with my Suburban.
And of course, I can't find my owners manual, it's been 8 years and I'm 76 and I can't remember where I put it so it wouldn't get lost. Just wait till you guys hit 76.......
You should be able to download a free PDF of your owner's manual. I did that when we bought a 2014 Yukon Denali 2 years ago.

Just Google for PDF of your 2016 owner's manual.
Old Yesterday | 3:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

As @Cusser said, you can find a download for the manual online.

That said, if it just suddenly started doing this, it sounds like a control problem - worn or glitchy button, or driver's information display (DIC). My old 2003 Yukon developed a mind of its own with the steering wheel buttons and before I sold it, would often sit there cycling languages on its own, instead of displaying what I wanted. Half the time it was in French or some other language, and you couldn't get out of it.

Maybe I am weird, but every car I've ever driven since the 70's, new or used, I kept the owners manual in the glovebox, where it came from the dealer, and only removed it if I needed to look something up. It's a good practice as you then never need to wonder where you left the owners manual! Most of them have been in little vinyl slip covers from the dealer, that are also a good place to tuck the registration or tag receipt and the insurance card. I've got a couple of in-laws who are weird, and keep their vehicle insurance card in their wallet, meaning if someone else drives the car, there is no proof of insurance...

Anyway, good luck figuring out the issue, but I'll bet its something the car is doing on its own - not something you changed - responsible for this new behavior.