Notices
Silverado DIY and Useful Threads This section is for Do-It-Yourself articles and other informative FAQ threads. If you would like to submit an article, contact a member of staff!

Gas Line Leak!

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2019, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Line Leak!

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this great forum!

I have a New To Me 2010 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 that his a gas line leak just to the inside of the filler and near the top of the gas tank. Is the best way to get to it via dropping the gas tank or lifting the bed?

And while I am at it, would it be good to repair it via a Fuel Injection Fuel Line Hose or a Braided Reinforced Hose rated for gasoline or another method?

Thanks everyone!
Old December 20th, 2019, 7:13 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

have to verify where its leaking from. ive seen most leaks come from the fuel pump outlet line due to rust. if this is your case you have to replace the fuel pump assembly due to the metal lines on top of the assembly. if yours is the plastic lines (not sure whats on that style truck) you have to replace the hard plastic lines or cut and splice with a brass barb as the hard plastic lines will crack or bend when you use a hose clamp. if its just the metal lines you can get away with cutting the line and flaring it then putting on fuel injection rubber hose. you can also use a compression fitting and new metal line once you cut the bad spots out but i would try to replace the whole line because normally if theres one pin hole in the line theres other areas that will fail soon after