Notices
Silverado DIY and Useful Threads This section is for Do-It-Yourself articles and other informative FAQ threads. If you would like to submit an article, contact a member of staff!

Twig snapping noise from rear end

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2022, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Twig snapping noise from rear end

Hey there

I recently put in a 6” superlift in my 05 Sierra 1500. I replaced the whole front end and rear shocks and ubolts are new. I changed the diff fluid a couple weeks ago, I’m pretty sure it’s at the right level but it could be a little overfilled.

So the noise I’m hearing sounds like a twig snapping during take off, it only happens when accelerating but I’ve checked everything underneath the truck and it all looks good. Also took it on a trail yesterday and it started making a loud squeal/chirp. Only if I was giving it throttle though and it would get louder the faster I went but after driving the main road for a few minutes, the chirp slowly faded away. I heard that the torsion bar crossmember can make that noise if it’s over tightened. The bushings are new because of the drop brackets and I torqued it to 70 ft lbs which is the factory spec to my understanding, but I can see the bushing getting squished too much so I’m not really sure there.

Any help appreciated!