Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

04 siverado 2500 shifting and 4 wheel drive issues.

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2013, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 siverado 2500 shifting and 4 wheel drive issues.

Wondering if someone might know what my issues are. I have an 04 2500 silverado 6.0, A few times taking off my truck would shift from low in to overdrive, I could pull over shut it off and restart and it would shift fine.Yesterday when it did this I noticed my 4 wheel drive indicator was showing in 4 low but it was not in 4 low. I selected 2 wheel and then my service 4wd light came on. I have notice a couple times before my service 4wd light would come on but the next time I would start it the light would be off and the 4wd would work fine.Has anyone has had these issues? I have always been a chevy fan,but the nightmares these models are having is starting to get old. I have had to replace gauge cluster,steering shaft,both front wheel bearings,brake lines,knock sensors, and now this. ANy help on the shifting issues would be greatly appreciated!
Old January 13th, 2013, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD Selector going bad

I have an 04 1500 myself but the interior is the same in regards to the 4WD selector module. I had the same problems and researched it until I found a thread a loooooong time ago about replacing the position sensor on my Xfer case. Way too much work so I opted for just starting with the 4WD selector module on the dash. I think it was $70 and took me about 5 minutes to change. Never had another issue with the Xfer case going to 4Low on startup or any issues with Service 4WD on my dash info center.
Hope this works... it did for me and I'm as cheap as anyone you know.