Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 Silverado Dual Climate Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 08 Silverado Dual Climate Control Issue

I have a 08 Silverado with a digital dual climatecontrol. The drivers side blows ice cold air and the passenger side blows hot air. I was able to get it hooked up to a ALLDATA REPAIR computer and get the code that are wrong, but its like reading a foreign language to figure out what is wrong. There was an earlier article posted where someone had an '04 Silverado I believe, but not sure if it will pertain to my truck. Any advice/help you could send my way would be great.

Thanks

<!-- / message -->
Old January 19th, 2012, 3:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Toyo5spd,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your Silverado. I have searched my resources, unfortunately, there is currently no known climate control issues with 2008 Silverado vehicles. If you would like, I may be able to find additional information if you PM me your VIN number.

You stated that you were able to get codes, what were they? Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection for this issue?

Louis
GM Customer Service