Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1500 won't move ?

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1500 won't move ?

This has happened twice, both times it was raining . When I got up to go to work in the morning put the truck in reverse backed up 20 feet then put it in drive and it seemed like something was bound up and it didn't want to go forward. I put it in reverse again backed up a little then it drove forward fine. The E brake cable broke a few months ago but I dont really think it's that. I'm working out of town this week so I'm limited on what I can do but any ideas?
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

We're sorry to hear that your 1500 won't move, jsepps. We understand that you are looking for ways to fix your concern from the other forum members. If further assistance is needed, we'd be happy to contact your dealership to discuss your concern with them. Feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread if we can help. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 15th, 2014, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jsepps
This has happened twice, both times it was raining . When I got up to go to work in the morning put the truck in reverse backed up 20 feet then put it in drive and it seemed like something was bound up and it didn't want to go forward. I put it in reverse again backed up a little then it drove forward fine. The E brake cable broke a few months ago but I dont really think it's that. I'm working out of town this week so I'm limited on what I can do but any ideas?
do you have rear drums or disc and does it feel like its holding the brakes or does it feel like something else is binding. are you able to shift in to 4wd or 4wd low?
Old October 16th, 2014, 6:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by joetheautoguy
do you have rear drums or disc and does it feel like its holding the brakes or does it feel like something else is binding. are you able to shift in to 4wd or 4wd low?
I leaning toward that it's the brakes. I believe I have drums in the rear
Old October 25th, 2014, 6:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Being that it's probably the rear brakes. Is there anything that makes this happen? Other than that the brakes work great and it's only when it's been raining. Maybe it's that broken e brake cable?

Last edited by jsepps; October 25th, 2014 at 6:34 AM.