Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1999 silverado 1500 problems

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2023, 5:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had the same problem

Originally Posted by bmusic621
hi, we bought a 99 silverado 1/2 ton from a good friend for $1500 and since we've bought it ive noticed some things that kinda bug me when driving it. one of them is a starting problem. i could wake up in the morning and start it and it starts up no problem. but after driving it to like walmart or someplace and after being off for a while id come back to start it and it take a while. now ive read about fuel pumps, fuel pressure regulators, and i even thought it could be the tps, but i dont know. my 2nd problem is when im taking off. btw this has a 4.3l v6 with a 5 speed. i dont really care for automatic. when i take off i notice the truck jerks sometimes like it misses or something. its not a normal jerk i dont think, but this is my first chevy so im not too sure. (had a 91 f250 with the 351w). 3 is the abs and brake lights. when i got the truck home, i noticed several days later there was black electrical tape covering the abs and brake lights. so when i replaced 2 of the cluster lights i pulled the cover off and then pulled the tape off. so idk what to troubleshoot there. there was 1 more but its not as important as these. heh. any help would be very appreciated. and i am new to newer model trucks, this is my first truck with this type of computer and sensors.
it is definitely the fuel presure regulator i had the same exact problem i even changed my mafs twice and today i went and got the regulator and problem fixed