Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2004 2500HD W/T - Numerous problems after a Radio install -PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2014, 1:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had a new DVD receiver installed they used an adapter that was around $100 if I remember correctly - they also used a Chrysler antenna adapter as well.

I would have killed them had they cut a single wire.

It works perfectly and that's why I paid them to do it.

I'm glad you'rs turned out OK.

This is the second vehicle that I have purchased and had these folks install - they are incredible.

http://www.carconceptsonline.com/

Last edited by Pugly; July 4th, 2014 at 1:19 PM.
Old July 4th, 2014, 4:37 PM
CF Active Member

kill might have been an over statement
Old August 3rd, 2015, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 Chevy 2500

I have a Chevy 2500 2000 the radio light s and everything work but it won't play any sound all color cords are hooked up right
Old January 31st, 2016, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

I installed a new radio and the gauges dropped after starting the car. I clipped the blue and white antenna wire and it worked fine after that.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:32 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Help to find a local Oklahoma technician

I pulled the same crap and cut off the factory harness and just my water gauge is messing up and SYSTEM BREAK shows up on the Dash i am in need to know where a local Oklahoma technician nearby

2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
Old January 11th, 2020, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio install

Originally Posted by BAGnDRAG-K5
YOU SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER cut the factory harness in ANY vehicle!! As a former car audio installer and a sound competitor I know a thing or two about car audio. In 2003 GM started and integrated security feature that made aftermarket stereo installs a nightmare. This $160.00 harness is not just a harness. This is a control unit for several different functions that your stock radio controls, such as, the door chime, instrument cluster and several other features that you are having issues with.

I hate the fact you cut this harness.......I charge around two or three hundred dollars to repair the damaged harness. YOU WILL NEED THE FACTORY HARNESS to be repaired to OEM and then you will need to spend the money for the aftermarket unit to fix this issue. In the future before you cut ANYTHING you NEED to get on here and ask some questions before you just start mindlessly hacking at wires in your vehicles. The new ones require a bit more then this one. Just thank God that you don't have the Bose system as this repair could set you back a grand or more to fix. Good luck and have fun.
I have a 1999 Silverado have had radio installed before but for some reason if I hook it up the way it shows transmission won't shift out of 1st gear so I have constant power with
a toggle switch ran to it but can't save nothing on radio
Old March 3rd, 2021, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Need help!

I don’t know if anybody will see this or respond but I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 with a Bose system and I recently upgraded my head unit to a Sony XAV-AX3000. I installed everything, it all works fine. However when I begin to drive my battery gauge starts swaying around and then the battery dies, I looked at the anti theft procedures and the only thing that pops up is the little red light on the old radio when everything is turned off. I don’t know what it could be but if anybody has any ideas I’d greatly appreciate it, I also have a scosche factory stereo replacement interface for 2003-12 GM and an aftermarket wiring harness, I didn’t cut the factory harness
Old March 25th, 2021, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default I need help

Originally Posted by m_mek
Radio works, i agree with all of you! 100% BUT.... i got it to work, no problem, as easy as 1...2...3... and without the harness.

A) if this was a truck with a BOSE i wouldn't touch it, would stick to BOSE!

B) if this wasn't a W/T, i would spend extra 160$ and get the harness.

C) all the wiring diagrams i found on google did NOT specify slim orange wire, they only specifed white! and an orange for +/source/acc.

Here is what i did.

1. Ran a separate fused wire from a source.
2. Disconnected slim Orange wire from Left/Rear speaker connection at my Sony deck. ALL THE PROBLEMS WENT AWAY!!!
everything works as it is supposed to, the only thing is i am missing rear'left speaker, but i wasnt going to upgrade/use these anyway so i dont care.

"The Brick" in my 2004 2500HD didn't do anything, i guess, it was a basic truck etc.,,,

Thanks for all the help,
Daniel.

can you please help me im in the same boat and confused
Old December 4th, 2021, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Patricia keith

Originally Posted by p davies
I have a 2004 Silveraldo 2500 HD changed my radio from factory to a another factory radio from a 2009 silveraldo from auto wrecker. when I turn the radio on it says locked and won't play. Any ideas?
It may have a code on the radio that you have to enter for it to work

Old May 22nd, 2023, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default 04 w/t radio issue

So not sure if it’s still an active thread but I have an 04 2500hd that’s base as can be. No Bose, power anything, and it’s even a 6.0 gas and a manual. Installed new head unit in place of the aftermarket Sony one that the p/o had which was old faded and the buttons didn’t work on, used the pac interface he had and still zero sound, tried cutting the interface out, same deal, no sound. Tried two other head units, still no sound, I need help