Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 12:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2005 Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dtc 02

driving home tonight my check engine light came on and when i ran the coed reader i got DTC 02..... any ideas how to fix? it has something to do with the battery voltage being out of range
Old November 29th, 2011, 8:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

my 05 silverado radio stopped working after i changed the battery. when i press the power button for the stereo, the lights come on and the timer comes on as well but only for a second or two. then they both go dead. any ideas please.
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> There may be several reasons why this is occurring. It could be a disconnected wire, a corroded ground wire, etc. It is difficult to say. I would suggest you stop by your local dealer for a quick test. They should be able to pinpoint the root of the problem as well as a resolution. Please keep me posted. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 3rd, 2012, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default airbag sensor

Originally Posted by shawnvw
bigger fuse won't change anything...you'll need a radio, or at least get yours fixed

And some info on the B0100

DTC B0100, B0101, B0102, B0103, B0104, or B0105
DTC Descriptors

DTC B0100 : Front End Sensor 1 Performance (Left)

DTC B0101 : Discard Front End Sensor 1 (Left)

DTC B0102 : Incorrect Front End Sensor 1 Installed (Left)

DTC B0103 : Front End Sensor 2 Performance (Right)

DTC B0104 : Discard Front End Sensor 2 (Right)

DTC B0105 : Incorrect Front End Sensor 2 Installed (Right)

Diagnostic Fault Information

<table border="1" width="95%"><tbody><tr><th align="center" valign="bottom">Circuit

</th><th align="center" valign="bottom">Short to Ground

</th><th align="center" valign="bottom">High Resistance

</th><th align="center" valign="bottom">Open

</th><th align="center">Short to Voltage

</th><th align="center" valign="bottom">Signal Performance

</th></tr><tr><td valign="center">Front End Sensor Left Signal Circuit

</td><td align="center" valign="center">--

</td><td align="center" valign="center">B0100

</td></tr><tr><td valign="center">Front End Sensor Left Voltage Circuit

</td></tr><tr><td valign="center">Front End Sensor Right Signal Circuit

</td><td align="center" valign="center">B0103

</td></tr><tr><td valign="center">Front End Sensor Right Voltage Circuit

</td></tr></tbody></table>Circuit/System Description

The inflatable restraint front end sensor utilizes a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. The front end sensor modulates current on the interface to send ID, State of Health, and deployment commands to the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and a ground for the front end sensor. When the ignition is turned ON and input power from the SDM is first detected, the SIS responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The SDM considers the ID to be valid if the response time is less than 5 seconds. The front end sensor continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the front end sensor circuit. When a fault is detected, the SDM resets the front end sensor twice by removing and reapplying power to it. If the fault is still present, the SDM will set a DTC.
Conditions for Running the DTC

Ignition voltage is between 9-16 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

All of the following conditions exist for 2.5 seconds:
B0100 for Front End Sensor 1 or B0103 for Front End Sensor 2

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">A valid ID message is not received within 5 seconds of the front end sensor being powered up. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SDM has not received a message from the front end sensor for more than 375 milliseconds.</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SDM has reset the front end sensor twice without detecting a valid ID message.</td></tr></tbody></table>
B0101 for Front End Sensor 1 or B0104 for Front End Sensor 2

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SDM has received an ID message from the front end sensor, which does not match the ID stored in the SDM memory. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SDM has reset the front end sensor twice without detecting a correct ID message.</td></tr></tbody></table>
B0102 for Front End Sensor 1 or B0105 for Front End Sensor 2

The SDM has received a NOK message from the front end sensor.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SDM commands the AIR BAG indicator ON via serial data communications. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The SIR System is disabled and no deployments are allowed.</td></tr></tbody></table>
Conditions for Clearing the DTC

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists and the scan tool Clear DTCs function is used. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">• </td><td valign="top">A history DTC will clear once 255 malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.</td></tr></tbody></table>

1. Important: When removing connectors inspect for damage or corrosion. Damage or corrosion in the following requires repair or replacement of the affected component/connector.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The front end sensor</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The SDM module</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The front end sensor wiring harness connector</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The SDM wiring harness connector</td></tr></tbody></table>
  2. Ignition ON, use the scan tool as clear SIR codes then recheck for DTCs. Verify that DTC B0101, B0102, B0104, or B0105 is not set.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">⇒</td><td valign="top">If DTC B0101 or B0102 is set current replace the front end sensor 1/left.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">⇒</td><td valign="top">If DTC B0104 or B0105 is set current replace the front end sensor 2/right.</td></tr></tbody></table>
  3. If DTC B0100 is current, disconnect the front end sensor 1 connector, or if DTC B0103 is current disconnect the front end sensor 2 connector. Refer to front end sensor replacement in Repair Instructions for location of connector.
  4. Remove the SDM connector, refer to SDM replacement in Repair Instructions for connector location.
  5. Test the signal and voltage circuits between the SDM and front end sensor. Verify that a short to voltage, short to ground, or open/low resistance does not exist.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">⇒</td><td valign="top">If any of the above conditions are found make the appropriate repair.</td></tr></tbody></table>
  6. Reconnect all SIR components. Ignition ON, use the scan tool to clear the DTCs then recheck for DTCs. Verify no DTCs are set.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">⇒</td><td valign="top">If DTC B0100 was current replace the front end sensor 1. After replacement refer to Repair Verification. </td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">⇒</td><td valign="top">If DTC B0103 was current replace the front end sensor 2. After replacement refer to Repair Verification. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Where would one buy the sensor? Are both right and left sensors the same? If it takes 255 cycles of the ignition key to reset the system I guess I'll have to take it back to my repair guy and see it the code will clear since I just cleaned the connectors on both sensors.

I got the B0100 code and cleaned them...should I just bite the bullet and replace the left sensor?
Old January 11th, 2012, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Is there any update on this??
Old January 13th, 2012, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sensor

Originally Posted by Petey156
Is there any update on this??
I went to Ebay and found a used one for $45. I put it in and my light never came on. I have a shop that I use who rechecked for active codes - there were none - and then cleared the history. It was a 10 minute fix.

The store on Ebay I bought from is: "Below wholesale automotive parts" and is administered by dpart1122

They have a 14 day return policy. Just be sure you have the upgraded part # and don't settle for one that "looks exactly like the one I have". The sensor is specific to a vehicle! I have a GMC Sierra 1500 and it uses part # 10370149

Both front sensors are the same #

Hope this helps!

BELOW WHOLESALE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS

BELOW WHOLESALE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
Old February 16th, 2014, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

I would much appreciate the schematics
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tina75
My truck just recently stopped accepting cd's in the cd player, and my service air bag light has come on and won't go off. Any ideas before I pay a garage big bucks? Thank you.
I had the codes checked on the truck and it is reading code B0100 for the service air bag light. The mechanic said I need to replace the frontal sensor and they want to charge $185.00 for this. Any ideas?

Also, they said I need a whole new radio assembly, cost $380.00.
Like one of the other posters stated the air bag sensors on the front of the truck are simple to replace. Don't pay the shop to do it. Just make sure to disconnect the battery before changing them out to avoid the chance of current making it through the system.

I had the same problem with the cd / radio players in my old Z71 and my current truck. I pulled it out and sent it to a shop I found on EBAY. They advertise the repair in the bidding section. It cost me somewhere around $180.00. The turn around time (including shipping both ways) was about 1 week. They even sent me my old CD's back that were stuck in the CD changer.

Here is the link to their page:

Toyota, GMC Chevy Buick Olds Pontiac items in Original Car Audio 952-707-6200 store on eBay!

Hope this helps!
Old February 20th, 2014, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Smile air bag code

I had the codes checked on the truck and it is reading code B0100 for the service air bag light. The mechanic said I need to replace the frontal sensor and they want to charge $185.00 for this. Any ideas?

Also, they said I need a whole new radio assembly, cost $380.00.
I would first ask the garage what the part # was - or you can look it up doing Google search - found the new part on Ebay - I think it was $30 or so - and installed it easily. There are two located up under the bumper on the cross member by the radiator. To know which one is defective, just unplug one, plug the new one in and see if the light goes out. If not, it's the other one. I then went to the independent garage that did the code check and had them clear the code again - total cost to them, $20.
The radio...don't buy into them saying your radio is shot. Take it to a few other places and have them give you an idea of what to do. I have never heard of "new software" for my radio, nor do I know how I would download it into my radio...anyone else have a clue?
Old February 20th, 2014, 1:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dave Himbert
The radio...don't buy into them saying your radio is shot. Take it to a few other places and have them give you an idea of what to do. I have never heard of "new software" for my radio, nor do I know how I would download it into my radio...anyone else have a clue?
I've never heard of new "software" for a radio. The company that repaired mine never mentioned anything other than having to replace mechanical parts / and or a circuit board inside of the radio.

Quick Reply: 2005 Chevy Silverado