Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2008, 9:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

Anyone have a NBS silverado and has the battery run down issue? I know my 2007 tahoe had this problem however I havent ready anything about this on my Silverado.About2 weeks ago Ihad the radio on for about 15 minutes one night while drying it off after a bath. It was dead at that time too. Almost identical issues to the Tahoe but I have read of a fix, TSB, or recall for the silverado's.

I hadnt driven the truck for about a week and went out to drive it yesterday. It was 100% dead. It was so dead that the codes for the garage door opener were messed up. I jumped it and itstarted just fine. However, this is a pain and I am not going to be driving it very often. Will i need to jump it every time I drive it?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

sounds like an issue wiht your bat. its self or your alt. not charging as much as its spose to be

iv left lights int. lights on raido on for all kinda hours talgate partys even running a power inverter off of cig. lighter
to run a tv or my 10 gal. 5 hp shop vac.
and never had a prob.

had one prob. once but i was runing 13 strands of christmas lights on truck under frame in bed all over off the power inverter
and left them on christmas eve. had left on all night before so wasnt worred about it
but when woke up for got to turn them off the wife got me up and we was spose to go to her moms so got up and left
forgot all about truning them off and came back it was dark and lights were still on so i left them on and in the am next day
the battery was dead but it STILL HAD A LIL LEFT IN IT just turned lights off and waited about an hour and went back out and
started right back up and never had one issue since.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Yeah, I work 24 hr shifts and left my dome lights on and they drained my battery dead, called onstar and they had somebody out in 20 minutes to get me going again, but it is an annoying problem. I thought there was battery rundown protection on the chevys, my 2004 Ford had it on it.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

I had that with my 2003. They had a recall on it and reprogramed the computer to fix it.That was the only time it was ever back to the dealer. Never had another problem. No problem with the 07.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 2:54 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

BigLG...don't you have a bunch of aftermarket stuff in your truck also? Make sure that stuff is not casing your drain before you condem anything else
Old May 22nd, 2008, 3:00 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shawnvw,
Not sure what aftermarket stuff you are talking about. The only aftermarket electronic item in the vehicle is a kenwood rear view camera. However, the way it is wired it is on switched power so that isnt the problem.

I will be taking it to the dealer as this was a mass issue with the new Tahoes and this problem is almost identical to my 2007 Tahoe issue when they made an update for the computer.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Have you had the BCM reprogrammed? Just a thought, as that was the problem with my 2007 Tahoe and this corrected the problem. It would run down when sitting, and I have not had an issue since. There is a TSB on it, and mine was done in 11/07. There is so much tied into the systems anymore that run more then we do not expect it that it sure doesn't take long to discharge them. Hope this helps!
Old May 29th, 2008, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my battery. I have gone to the dealer 3 times they cant find anything. I have notice if I start thetruckaround 6 am and let it run for about 10 min. it is fine thewhole day. IfI start thetruck after8am I have to jump start it.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Me too on this one. Did you guys ever solve the problems? Find out what the issue was?
Old January 4th, 2009, 3:17 PM
CF Active Member

I have had the same problem twice! One time I had the radio on for 20-30 Min's & it was DEAD! Jumped it & no problem for 2-3 Mo's Then I was helping clean up a race track after a motorcycle race & left my flashers on for 1/2 hr & it was dead again. This was 2 months ago, so now I make sure everything is off when I shut the truck off! Hot (108) or cold (19) don't seem to bother it???

Charlie

Quick Reply: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!