Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2009, 2:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

This morning my battery was dead. I have a 2007 Silverado Z-71 with 18,000 mile. I charged the battery and then took it to my Chevrolet dealer. They ran a computer scan and did not find a problem, then they informed me that Chevy had put out a bullentin out about this same problem. Chevy says the problem is caused by the security alarm on the stereo, the alarm draws down the battery while sitting over night. Now the kicker, I was told that G.M. has NO FIX for this problem!!!! I filed a complaint with Chevrolet this afternoon, they can find a fix or come and get the truck. I'm pissed!
Old January 8th, 2009, 5:55 PM
CF Junior Member

i have that problem with my 06.. i bought a new battery and if i play the radio for more than about 15 minutes my truck dies. ive had the alternator checked and they said its fine.. i dunno what else to do
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Update, after talking to G.M.and after G.M. talked to the dealer, I'm taking my truck back in the morning to the dealer. GM suggested 5 new possible fixes for the problem, I'll know more tomorrow and I'll pass on what I find out...
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm curious about this too. I'm on my second battery at 14K. It sat in my garage for over a week while I was out of town and then started fine. But drive it daily and it may or may not start in the morning! Happens every couple of months.

One time it was totally dead and woudn't even jump by either me or the dealer.

It's never thrown any codes either. I look forward to hearing what you find out. My dealer hasn't had any suggestions other than to try another battery.
Old January 11th, 2009, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

On Friday the service dept. checked the battery again and found that the battery had a bad cell, but on Thursday the same test showed no problem with the battery. The service manager also said they did a few things that G.M. had suggested they try. I worry that I'm getting the run around. A Chevrolet rep. is suppose to call me back Monday morning, the rep. has alsobeen in contact withthe service dept. also, I will express my concerns to them on Monday...Jim, I was wondering if you had anything plugged into your power outlets, something like a GPS or a cell phone charger? Just wondering....Before my battery finally died, it started acting up a couple of weeks before then. When cranking the truck it seemed like the starter was dragging, turning over very slowly. This only happened in the morning, but it was every morning for a couple of weeks...I'll keep posting until I feel the problem has been fixed, I'll also let you know what Chevrolet says on Monday...
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:15 AM
CF Active Member

Man I never had this problem with my 05, but something is wrong here!
Old January 11th, 2009, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

My 05 never gave me a minutes worth of trouble either. My salesman told me GM changed the radios with the security protection in 06 and the guy in the service dept. told me I wasn't the only one having this same problem. I was told that on my first trip to the service dept. I asked the Chevy rep. what would happen if GM couldn't fix the problem, I never got a straight answer I told them I would be a thorn in soneones butt if I don't find satisfaction...
Old January 11th, 2009, 8:17 PM
CF Junior Member

This last time I had a cell phone charger plugged in. Interior lights and dash worked but not enough juice to start. Time before that though, nothing was plugged in at all and as soon as I opened the door I new I was screwed! Totally dead. That was after driving around the entire day before.

I got the dead cell story from my dealer too. Seems fishy to me.
Old January 12th, 2009, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

my truck is at the dealer right now for the third time for this same problem (and it has happened two times before that and I just jumped it thinking it was just some freak thing) the first time they couldn't find anything and the said they cleaned the battery cables and checked conections, the second time they couldn't find anything but they said their was a service bullitin to reprogram the computer, now for the third time its in the shop right now and they just called and said they can't find anything wrong with it again but they are going to put in a new battery anyway. They don't have a freaking clue. The truck only has 17000 miles and it seems to do it about every 2 months []
Old January 12th, 2009, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Everyone with this problem needs to call Chevrolet Customer Service and file a complaint. The more complaints filed the sooner they'll find a fix...

Quick Reply: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!