Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2009, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!

Phone number: 1-800-222-1020
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

common problem is the reflash or a bad BCM (body control module) sometimes they go bad and don't throw a mil code and kill the battery fast
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Flipr6, can you shed more light on this problem? I did a search on BCM and I didn't learn much I did read something about tire pressure warnings, my truck is always telling me I have low air, but when I check them I have 35 psi. Is thisa side effect of a bad BCM??? Any and all help you can offer, please!!!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

I rotated my tires last week and my tires would not recalibrate so I took it back to the dealer and they said that it had lost its program, but my pressure always seemed to be right, and then 2 days later thats when thebattery went dead again
Old January 28th, 2009, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

any update on this battery rundown problem?

i think my 2005 silverado might have the same issue. the problem first started a couple months ago. sometimes after sitting for a couple days it will start right up. other times it needs to be jumped after only sitting for a short period of time. i have replaced the battery. i have taken my truck to interstate and my chevy dealer multiple times and they can never find anything wrong with it.
Old January 29th, 2009, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

I took my truck in today for the same battery issue, and also my a/c compressor was always running causing my truck to show it was overheating, some weird stuff. It was the BCM and all they did was reset it or update it something like that.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

I had my truck in today for routine service and had them check into my rundown issue. They could find no problems, but have had others in with the same issue. My dealer and GM are aware of the problem, but don't have a solution yet. I'm suppose to "keep checking" with them.

They did tell me that in the Detroit area, they have a number to call so that someone from GM can go in to check the vehicle.

Meanwhile, I keep my fingers crossed every time I hit the key!
Old March 5th, 2009, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dead Battery DEAD SILVERADO

Along with many other problems my 07 nbs at 9500, 16500, and 17000 miles the battery was dead and replaced by dealer. This has totally confused them as they cannot find any draws on the electrical system. This truck is bone stock. I to am looking for a solution to this problem since GM does not seem to have a clue.
Old March 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 and I've had one battery replaced. I now keep a close eye on my alternator gauge, I've noticed that the needle is all over the place. I also never keep anything plugged in over night, like a cell phone charger or my GPS, before the battery was replaced I usually had something plugged in all the time. My dealer told me to use OnStar everytime I had an issue with the truck, that way there would be records kept of every event. I'm a deer hunter and I hunt way off the roads in the swamps and hollers of Alabama, OnStar said they could find me no matter where I was if I ever had another problem with my truck, I guess we'll see. I've come back to my truck after hunting till dark, not knowing if it would start. I'm tired of that sick to my stomach feeling. I shouldn't have to feel that way since I have a $35,000 truck with less than 20,000 miles on it......
Old May 7th, 2009, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

I put my 2007 Silverado Z-71 4x4 truck back into the shop this morning, May 7, 2009. Same problem as before dead battery. OnStar ran their monthly check on the truck Saturday afternoon and the truck battery was dead on Tuesday. This is the third time my truck as been in the shop with this problem, I'm thinking about taking legal action if something doesn't change. My truck is useless to me as it is now, I don't trust it and probably never will....

Quick Reply: 2007 NBS Silverado Battery Rundown!