Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Door Lock Actuator

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Door Lock Actuator

I have a 2008 Silverado. How hard is it to change door lock actuator on passenger side. I have new part but haven't had time to tackle it.
Old February 12th, 2012, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

The passenger side is not too bad at all. I replaced mine under a hour. But I had to do 3 of my doors already.
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Chevy should have done a recall on this. No reason these are going out so quickly. It just shows what our vehicles are being made out of (trash)..
Old March 25th, 2012, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Is there anywhere besides the dealership to get the actuator? I have two out, front and rear drivers side doors.
Old March 25th, 2012, 4:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by michaellittle88
Is there anywhere besides the dealership to get the actuator? I have two out, front and rear drivers side doors.
Welcome to the forum...
Check GM Parts Direct.com or RockAuto.com, OEHQ.com
Old March 25th, 2012, 7:18 PM
CF Active Member

Smile

I found this place on line.....A1 Electric Online Catalog -- Power Window & Door Lock Kits - Keyless Entry - Regulators and Motors - Cooling Fans..., I hope this works for you, I'm not to swift on computers They have NEW OEM in plain packaging according to their site.
BTW, I have one door the actuator is SLOW, and a rear barn door that must be WEAK, I have to lock it with the key. Is this the beginning of replacement ? Good site here and glad I found it, you guy's are great.
david
Old March 26th, 2012, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Have been lazy in replacing them untill now but reading here it's not too hard I'm gonna make it my project this weekend;-) Thanks
Old March 26th, 2012, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justimagination
I found this place on line.....A1 Electric Online Catalog -- Power Window & Door Lock Kits - Keyless Entry - Regulators and Motors - Cooling Fans..., I hope this works for you, I'm not to swift on computers They have NEW OEM in plain packaging according to their site.
BTW, I have one door the actuator is SLOW, and a rear barn door that must be WEAK, I have to lock it with the key. Is this the beginning of replacement ? Good site here and glad I found it, you guy's are great.
david

I checked your site, didn't really see anything, but I did find a place online out of Arizona that sells quality gm replacement parts. I ordered both actuators and with shipping it was only 175 dollars. That's opposed to the dealership wanting $250 for both. Hopefully they aren't too hard to install! If anyone has detailed description of how to install these I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!
Old March 26th, 2012, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justimagination
david
Also, that is more than likely the start of your actuators going out. My front drivers side went out slowly, it would work every once in awhile until it finally stopped all together. My rear drivers side just stopped completely about a week ago.
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Power door locks

I agree with Inman, they should recall these. Mine went on the passenger side of my crew cab about 4 months ago and haven't got around to replacing them yet. Same year (2008) as everyone elses, but my wifes 2009 Suburbabn seems to be doing fine so far.

Quick Reply: 2008 Door Lock Actuator