Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Silverado 1500 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2016, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado 1500 Front Bumper

Im hoping someone can help me out here. I need to replace my front bumper. I purchased a Frontier Gear Xstream Bumper Replacement and a new grill assembly.

I got into an accident and figured it was time to just replace the stock bumper.

Question is...has anyone put one of these bumprs on a 2008 Silverado? I have searched the internet like crazy and cant find anything to help and the instalation instructions kinda stink to be honest. Is it that easy? Also the only thing I saw that got bent behind the bumper was the front of I think the frame horn area. Heres a picture of the damage. It was a side swipe.

How do I remove this whole bumper assembly???

You can see the bent area under the chome part

This is the replacement bumper I will be installing

Old January 9th, 2016, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I installed the bumper and the new grill today...looks pretty nice. There wasn't any real damage under the bumper when I took it off so that worked out, but for some reason, I couldn't get the sides to line up perfectly level. Tried everything. Not sure if its a manufacturing issue or novice install...lol Any ideas? I know the front basically needs to drop to accomplish this but given the attachments and the way the brackets are...just wont go lower without the whole bumper coming down more

Last edited by JDFETT; January 9th, 2016 at 12:41 PM.