Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Sierra USB problems

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad to find out I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I just bought a 2011 LTZ on Friday and literally started experiencing the audio cut out problem on the drive home. I have a 1st gen ipod touch and a brand new 4th gen one and they both give me the same issue. The 1st gen touch will actually play longer (up to 15 minutes) at times while the new one cuts out before 1 minute of play sometimes. So frustrating that I had to go out and buy the audio cable today until I can find a fix for this. Sucks when new things won't work but I am loving everything else about my new ride!
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

At least the USB works with a USB flash drive...

As an interim solution, I bought an ADATA 32gb flash drive for cheap on Newegg.com and loaded it up. I've played it now for a couple of days with no issues (no skips, no audio cutout, and ALL folder and song functions work), and about 29gb worth of music in it! I need to develop some playlists, but at least I've got a ton of music now for the road.

Does anyone know if there's a solution for the Ipod from GM yet?
Old November 5th, 2010, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

I am also glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I bought a 2011 Suburban in the middle of August and had a month or so of great iPhone 3gs listening entertainment through the USB port. After I upgraded to 4.1 I get about 10 seconds of music of any kind - ipod/pandora or any other streaming and then silence but all the consoles show they are working fine. I've taken it to a dealership, called dealerships, been to the Apple store, got a brand new iPhone. I know how to update my iPhone but not sure how to update my Suburban. I've been frustrated for months with this and am thinking of switching phones.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Smile Chevrolet Avalanche USB port now works with Ipod Touch Gen 3 with 4.2 software

I loaded in the New Apple 4.2.1 OS last night. I tried out the USB interface in our 2010 Avalanche today and absolutely NO problems now. No popping, no audio cutout, no problems of any kind, and the interface loads quicker now too. I've played it now for over two hours with no problems. If it comes back, I'll post again.

Everything works FINALLY, as it should've to start with. Thank you Crapple for fixing your crummy software. In the Apple 4.2 release notes it states that there is a fix for "USB Playback" issues. Uh duh...

Anyway, those of you who read this post and have a Gen 2, 3, or 4 Ipod Touch will actually be able to use your Ipods now in your 2010 vehicles.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default usb issue

I am having the same issue. my usb is in my center console. no matter what i plug in i can't seem to get any music to play. i tried different ipods and mp3 and usb players. not sure what to do?
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bbdram4u
I am having the same issue. my usb is in my center console. no matter what i plug in i can't seem to get any music to play. i tried different ipods and mp3 and usb players. not sure what to do?
Sorry to bump a REALLY Old topic. But I just bought a Used 2010 Sliverado Crew Cab Z71 LT

It has the USB port, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work with any Android Phone or Device I have.

Ive Tried all 3 Modes Android supports, Mass Storage, MTP, and Camera. Says Unrecognized Device. Sometimes when I plug in while in MTP it says Corrupt File System Detected.

If i use a USB thumb drive it works fine. I dont have an iPod or iPhone else Id try it too.

Id like to be able to use my Android phone if possible with the USB port. But for now Ill get by with the AUX input. I just want to be able to use the skip song and such features from the steering wheel.

Is there an Update to the Head Unit that maybe I need have the Dealer Look at?
Old March 24th, 2013, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

Just a note, I have 3 diffrent I-Pod touch one 5th gen and two older ones. The 5th gen and one old one both have the same problem. You plug them in and everything works fine until you turn the vehicle off and back on it wont pick up the I-Pod. Now one of the older one works flawlessly. The ONLY thing I can find between the 3 is that the one that works has not been updated. Its still running on 4.1 while the other two are 5.1 and 6.1. Not much to go on but from what I can guess is that Apples ne updates are not compatible with the software in the vehicle