Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2012 LTZ 1500 Silverado Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2014, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 LTZ 1500 Silverado Tow Mirrors

I have a '12 I bought brand new. Well we have always had a popup. Long story short, neighbors dead treee fell on my popup, totaled it. Dead tree not an actr of God and they had ro pay, after argging about value a bought a travel trailer. well with in my weight limits. I purchased a pair of tow mirrors [DL3]. Mirrors were installed. When I used my key fob to unlock the truck, driver one, mirrors would go out and up, driver two would go out and down. We reset and reset could never get them to work correctly. The slip on tow mirrors are really useless. I want to know why these wont work. I understand they wont power fold I accept that. Why wont they remember where they are suppose to be with the key fob. Actually doesn't even matter if you use the driver one or two switch does the same thing. Now I have the orginal mirrors on, they power fold, heated, dimming, turn signal and always work right. Local dealer said they flashed the switch and it should work. Called GM Tech line and never got a valid answer. Looking for ideas other then buy a Ford.
BillMc
Old April 26th, 2014, 9:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi BillMc40,

We'd be happy to research this further. If you'd like our assistance, please send us a private message with your VIN. We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
Chevrolet Customer Care