Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 Silverado Noise

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2014, 7:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with body mounts. My 2014 LTZ Z71 pops when I walk in the bed. I'm not worried about it.

If I turn hard left the tire rubs on the fenderwell a little bit too. I don't really care much about that either but it shouldn't
Old April 16th, 2014, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

maybe a body bushing?
Old April 17th, 2014, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Is your spare tire mounted tightly. Rubber on medal can make a lot of noise. Just a thought. Since it does it when the truck is off and you moving around on it I would go with mounts along the frame or exhaust mounts...things like that instead of drive train. - Good Luck
Old May 1st, 2014, 9:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dgriffith
dealer never could duplicate the problem. they did change the left rear shock but it did not correct it. i thought it was fixed because i went for several weeks without any noise. it poured the rain this morning and the noise is back. its a crunching rubbing sound. i can even step on the running board and get it to make the noise since the truck is wet underneath now. everytime i turn left it makes the noise as well at just idling speed. its a weird problem. im going to take it back to the dealer some time but im sure i will get the same response--cannot duplicate.
Hello dgriffith,

Were you able to take your truck back into the dealership? We would be happy to hear about any update you have, and if further assistance is needed. Let us know!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 5th, 2014, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 1500 double cab Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 with about 11500 miles. I started hearing a noise coming from the rear end about 2 weeks started out would hear it once or twice in a day may-be now it is every day only when coming to the very end of a stop and when taking off a loud clunking, grinding noise definitely coming from the rear end or something to with the drivetrain it does it all the time now. I took it in to a GMC dealer last week told them what was going on, the service tech drove it he heard the noise said they would take a look at it. I went and rented a car went to work and was called about 4 hours later saying that they could hear it but that they could not do warranty work on a Chevrolet vehicles that they could only do recall work. Just wondering if any one else is having troubles with the rear end or drivetrain. The GMC dealer is about 6 blocks from my work and the Chevy dealer is about 14 miles, I always thought you could take it to either one wish I would have kept my old truck thanks for any help you can give
Old November 6th, 2014, 9:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bajasun
I have a 2014 1500 double cab Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 with about 11500 miles. I started hearing a noise coming from the rear end about 2 weeks started out would hear it once or twice in a day may-be now it is every day only when coming to the very end of a stop and when taking off a loud clunking, grinding noise definitely coming from the rear end or something to with the drivetrain it does it all the time now. I took it in to a GMC dealer last week told them what was going on, the service tech drove it he heard the noise said they would take a look at it. I went and rented a car went to work and was called about 4 hours later saying that they could hear it but that they could not do warranty work on a Chevrolet vehicles that they could only do recall work. Just wondering if any one else is having troubles with the rear end or drivetrain. The GMC dealer is about 6 blocks from my work and the Chevy dealer is about 14 miles, I always thought you could take it to either one wish I would have kept my old truck thanks for any help you can give
Hi bajasun,

Generally, in or for warranty work to be performed you will have to be at the brand dealership (eg. Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac). We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If you'd like for us to contact your local Chevrolet dealership we will gladly do so. Please PM us your VIN, full contact information and dealership if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care