Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 Silverado Passenger Side Fluid On Ground

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2014, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado Passenger Side Fluid On Ground

Hello all. Just bought a brand new 2014 Silverado about 1.5 months ago. Earlier today I noticed there was a pretty big spot on my driveway where my Silverado was parked after work. The next time I drove it I made sure to take a look and sure enough there was some fluid leaking from the underside onto the driveway. The fluid was clear and did not have a smell.

I am brand new to the world of trucks, so I am trying to figure out if this is just the A/C or if it is something else.

I am attaching a few photos to show what I am looking at.

One of the photos shows the spot on the driveway (seems pretty dang big to me). The other 3 were taken looking up at where the fluid was coming down. There is a piece of plastic right above a green mark which seems to be where most of the fluid is (you can see it is damp in the pictures).

Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/kHPVM

Thanks in advance
Old December 4th, 2014, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its water, my '10 did it and my '14 does it as well. I was told from the dealer and chevy its from the condensor and nothing to worry about