Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2015 2500HD heated seat question

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2014, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 2500HD heated seat question

With remote start on my 2014 my heated seats would come on in cold weather. On my new 2015 this does not seam to be the case. My dealer said "that is how it is now" - i have found the on / off button in the settings but regardless of how the boxes are checked my seat will not come on in cold weather?? is this really how it is? seams like a step backwards. Or is something afoul??
Old December 11th, 2014, 6:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado2015HD
With remote start on my 2014 my heated seats would come on in cold weather. On my new 2015 this does not seam to be the case. My dealer said "that is how it is now" - i have found the on / off button in the settings but regardless of how the boxes are checked my seat will not come on in cold weather?? is this really how it is? seams like a step backwards. Or is something afoul??
Hey there,

Congrats on your new vehicle, and we apologize for this! I did take a look into the owner's manual regarding the heated seats. Here is what I found:

During a remote start, the heated
seats can be turned on
automatically. The heated seats are
canceled when the ignition is turned
on. Press the heated seat button to
use the heated seats after the
vehicle is started.

The heated seat indicator lights do
not turn on during a remote start.

The temperature performance of an
unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.

The heated seats will not turn on
during a remote start unless they
are enabled in the vehicle
personalization menu. See Remote
Vehicle Start on page 2-6 and
Vehicle Personalization on
page 5-33.

Please let me know in a private message if you need any additional assistance with anything. We would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 13th, 2014, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

I asked this in another thread. It appears, in cold weather, the heated seats will come on, but apparently only on "low." Finally figured this out after starting the truck, then putting my hand on the back seat, then the driver's seat. Subtle difference, but the driver's seat wasn't freezing cold. Wasn't warm, but wasn't freezing cold.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the climate system to run more air through the defroster on remote-start. As of now, the system comes on in AC mode with the rear window defroster on. On my previous truck, I could leave the fan set to high and the system on full defroster mode. When remote-starting IT, the windshield would be completely clear in ten minutes. On this truck, I have a tiny hole I can see through until I put the key in and manually switch on the defroster full blast.

Also, going through the remote-start sequence a second time does not extend my truck's running time to 20 minutes as the manual seems to suggest.
Old December 15th, 2014, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DrDon
I asked this in another thread. It appears, in cold weather, the heated seats will come on, but apparently only on "low." Finally figured this out after starting the truck, then putting my hand on the back seat, then the driver's seat. Subtle difference, but the driver's seat wasn't freezing cold. Wasn't warm, but wasn't freezing cold.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the climate system to run more air through the defroster on remote-start. As of now, the system comes on in AC mode with the rear window defroster on. On my previous truck, I could leave the fan set to high and the system on full defroster mode. When remote-starting IT, the windshield would be completely clear in ten minutes. On this truck, I have a tiny hole I can see through until I put the key in and manually switch on the defroster full blast.

Also, going through the remote-start sequence a second time does not extend my truck's running time to 20 minutes as the manual seems to suggest.
Thanks for posting - i figured it out the same way you did - BARELY a difference between the back seat and the front "heated seat" - the light not coming on and the "low" setting made me think it did not work at all - Definitely a step backwards from my 2014 - and what was one of my favorite features. Now not so much.