Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

THE ALL NEW SILVERADO!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2006, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE ALL NEW SILVERADO!!!!!

Ok I am a salesmen at a dealership in north carolina, and i just got back from the gm training class on the new truck. All I have to say is watch the f*** out Nissan, Ford, and Dodge. The best just got 200times better. We have had the new truck for about 3 days before i went to this and so i got to drive it a little and play arond with it but i now see just what all it has to offer. The off road capibitity is amazing, the rear diff is lightyears above everybody, as well as power, performance...just everything. All i have to say is WOW! Just to let everyone know all trim levels of the truck look fantastic, and the new hd comin out looks amazing, it is not the same as the 1500 it is BIGGER AND BETTER. Well i just wanting to share what a great day i had and what everyone has to look foward to....o yeah they did a pull off between the F150 and a Silverado...the poor ford was balin the whole time bein drug behind the silverado..which mind you never lost traction!!!!!!!
Old October 20th, 2006, 8:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: THE ALL NEW SILVERADO!!!!!

Too bad the trucks are butt ugly. I have not seen the new HD's yet but the 1500's look like crap. I dont want a truck that looks like something that came rollin off toyota or nissans lines.

But.......this is what i said when the silvys came out with those goffy headlamps in 03, but i cant see them from the drivers seat of my truck either.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

It is sad to say but my 2005 is my last Chevrolet. See my post on drum brakes. I am just so sick of the B.S. Instead of trying to convince everyone you have the greatest product, do what everyone else does and make it. There is a reason why GM is in trouble. Everything else is just plain better. This from a 20 year Chevy person. Sorry next time I won't get fooled.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 8:47 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do yourself a favor and drive the new Silverado before you start bashing it.
Your rear brake problems on your 05 1500 stem from improperly adjusted rear brakes caused by a faulty part, replace the star adjuster with a new 15 teeth adjuster (original is 30 teeth) part number 19133371 to address this problem it is covered under the warranty.
Have the dealer reference STB # PIT3958B
Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
CF Junior Member

They whet back to drums because they are better when towing/hauling cause you can have a lot more surface area for the brake to grab there for reducing stopping distance under load. Discs are good in sports cars not in trucks. Why do you think all semis have drums instread of discs, there is a good reason.

dont hate untill you try it.

and what are you going to drive? a dodge? a toy truck from japan? dont even say the F word. you see your choises are very limited IMHO.
Old October 24th, 2006, 2:05 PM
CF Addict

Bill,
That is not exactly the reason for GM going back to rear drums on the 1500 Pick-up's., remember our 1500 Vortec-Max, 2500HD and 3500 models still have rear disks.
The reason that you see drums on large trucks and semi's is that (large) drums are able to dissipate heat far more efficiently than (large) disc brakes and are not as prone to warpage.

Here are the reason's that GM made the change:

1. Customers that had the 1500 models (with rear discs) complained that the brakes were too touchy and not well balanced.

2. Disk brakes are more susceptible to damage caused by the effects of corrosion in states that use salt on roads in the winter.

3. Disk brakes offer greater stopping force but cost much more.

Old October 24th, 2006, 7:48 PM
CF Junior Member

There only changing the light duty trucks?

My tire/brake guy told me (over a year ago) that they were going back to drums, i did not know it was only the 1500,s. I was under the assumption it was an across the board change.

So this does not effect me in anyway if what you say it true(not doubting you in any way)

Thanks for the info.

Trending Topics

Old October 24th, 2006, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Chevy did a major fugar on the 2007. They changed the bolt pattern on the wheels. I went down to the local dealer over the weekend to purchase my new Black silverado, I think it is the LTZ, Fully loaded with a window sticker of $42,000 only to find out that the new bolt pattern is 5:135mm vs the old 5:5.5. That means that the custom tires and wheels that I just purchased 2 weeks ago for $2000.00 will not fit the new truck. Also I went up on tire size and the new truck comes with coil over springs[:'(] in the front which means no more crawling under the truck and cranking up the torshin bars to raise the front end to clear the over sized tires, yep you have to spend more money for a lift kit.[]
Old October 25th, 2006, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

I think it is safe to say the switch to rear drums on the "light duty" tricks was a major mistake on Chevy's part. My discs on my 2000 went 98,000 miles and even then I just changed the pads. After another 89,000 I changed the rotors. That is what discs are good for. I had my brakes done 2 weeks ago and yesterday they started to shake again.

Yes I probably will get a toy Nissan truck. I need a nice truck to drive around that is reliable. This Chevy has been anything but. It is sad what is happening to American automobiles. Every year they make them cheaper or downgrade technology or do something stupid. I had a 2001 Tahoe and recently traded it for a BMW SUV. The price was the same, but that BMW destroys the Tahoe in every way. The whole buy American movement will be dead soon when people realize we just can't make cars anymore.

Thank you for the star adjuster reference. I will take that to Chevy and see what BS excuse they give me about it. I am more pissed that they won't stand behind their product than the fact that I am stuck with it for the next 4 years.
Old October 26th, 2006, 5:37 PM
CF Addict

If you just had your brakes done and you are having problems again, then you need a different mechanic not a new truck and quit a your bitching.

You also may want to take a look at Nissan Titan’s ratings compared to that of the Silverado on sights like J.D Powers, where they simply compile data from owners.

And which BMW are you talking about? The 2006 X5 stickers for $30k more than an 2007 Tahoe and the small X3 is in the same size classification as an Equinox.

Quick Reply: THE ALL NEW SILVERADO!!!!!