Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any major problems with late model 1/2 ton?

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2011, 4:06 PM
ccm
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any major problems with late model 1/2 ton?

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum and look forward to interacting with your members.

I am in the market for a new 1/2 ton pickup and need honest input on the 2010 and 2011 Silverado's. I now own a 2008 Duramax that I will be trading/selling and moving to a more economical truck. My truck has been very good with the exception of a problem with the computer that determines when I am in need of an oil change. Have had the truck at the dealer three times and they say that Chevrolet is aware of the problem but there is no fix. Sorry, don't buy that. If you can build it you can repair it. I had a problem a number of years ago with another Chevy truck that had a shimmy in it. Couldn't get it repaired either. Got the same reply from Chevrolet.

These things being said you can see why I am somewhat hesitant to give Chevrolet any more of my hard earned money.

I have researched the F150 and although I read a lot of good about the new models there seems to be a problem with either their transmissions or drive shafts. Ford is saying the same thing that Chevrolet has told me about my two problems. This does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

What I would like to know is Chevrolet experiencing any problems, with their later models, that they just can't seem to resolve. I know that most guys are prone to say they LOOOVE their trucks and it is hard to get an honest when you ask questions like this so please if you are a die hard Chevy guy and would never buy any other brand please just pass on this post. But if you know of something that a new buyer really should know please be so kind as to share it with me.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Charlie