Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brand new 2014 silverado need transmission replaced!!

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2015, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Brand new 2014 silverado need transmission replaced!!

Okay so here is the short end of the story!

I bought the truck from Tropical Chevrolet in Miami Florida, recommended through Navy Federal since they are supposedly trained to help Veterans get discounts and apply other credits. Go down there and they have a beautiful 2014 White Silverado LTZ with a 6" lift and rims and wheels decked out to the nines!

I say I want this truck, it had 600 miles on it because they let a NBA player from the heat use the truck for about 5 months, I am okay with that, I pay $50,000.00 out the door with an extended warranty which I am specifically told can be used at and Chevrolet dealer since GM backed the modifications that were made from the dealer!

Well, about 23 days later I am at a light, light turns green and the truck does not accelerate, check engine light comes on and the truck will not go past 40mph. The next day I take it to the local Chevrolet dealer which is about 3 miles from my house, the service manager tells me "The transmission is toast and needs to be replaced" I said how can this be possible I only put 600 miles on it and have owned the truck for less than 3 weeks. He then says I need to get it towed to the Miami Delaer because he will not do any work on the truck because of the modifications!

They tow the truck to Miami, they keep the truck about 6 days and tell me, hey your truck is ready we replaced the transmission, I said I didnt sign anything and did not know you were doing that, I do not want this truck, I haven't even made a payment on this thing and you had to replace the transmission already!!

I have been going back and forth with about 10 different people from GM all telling me I am stuck with the truck pretty much. I got a call from the "Executive office" saying they take this serious and blah blah give then a day or two to work on this, never heard back from anyone!!

I called the BBB,Attorney General,newspapers,news and finally got a call back from another person from GM who out of 10 was the first one to actually be nice and polite, every other one was very rude!! This lady tells me they are trying to figure out a buy back or a trade in assist, havent heard nothing in about 5 days!!

Has anyone else had to REPLACE their transmission with less then 1500 miles on it?? How do I get them to take this thing back from me, the truck is already making grinding noises on start up, locae service manager says I am going to continue having problems because they lifted a two wheel drive truck(I know I should have known better)

WHAT CAN I DO????
Attached Thumbnails Brand new 2014 silverado need transmission replaced!!-unnamed.jpg