Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A/C not blowing very hard

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2007, 6:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C not blowing very hard

I have a1995 Silverado, I replaced the condenser on last summer due to a hole worein from the way the aftermarket transmission cooler was mounted. Everything has work great since then but now the blower is not blowing as strong as it used to. The temperature is still the same but it doesn't blow but with about 1/3" of the intensity it used to. What could cause this? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike
Old July 28th, 2007, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A/C not blowing very hard

A dealer serviceman told me that low air flow can be from the evaporator being packed full of dirt. If the vehicle is exposed to dusty conditions and the a/c set to use outside fresh air, the evaporator compartment can get dirty. I took the cover off of my evaporator compartment and it was spotless. It's a pain but you might check it out.
Otherwise, I have noticed that rubber strips have fallen out of the heater vents on the floor. The rubber strips were glued to the flappers that control the direction of the a/c. Without the rubber strips, the flappers have a hard time changing position and I notice low flow until the flappers change position. Air also leaks past the flappers. For instance, my windshield will fog up when running the a/c hard. This problem doesn't appear to be easy to fix.

Update the post if you find a solution.

Chevyblues
1995 Z71, 5.7 l, HD 5 speed, Borla Exhaust, Dynomax Cat, Jacobs Electronics, K&N Filter