Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Changing setting on backup camera

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Bap
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Changing setting on backup camera

I have a '12 Chevy Silverado LTZ. I do not have the in dash navigation system. I am trying to get my backup camera to show the navigation lines. Manual says to push menu button and turn multifuntion ****...I am unable to figure this out............can anyone help
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bap
I have a '12 Chevy Silverado LTZ. I do not have the in dash navigation system. I am trying to get my backup camera to show the navigation lines. Manual says to push menu button and turn multifuntion ****...I am unable to figure this out............can anyone help
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Are you referring to the guideline overlay to help the driver align the vehicle when backing into a parking spot?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 3rd, 2012, 7:42 AM
Bap
CF Beginner

yes Louis I am. I have seen the instructions in the manual but it says to hit menu button then turn the multifunction ****............I can't figure out what/where is the multifunction **** I have turned everything in there! The only menue button I have is on the radio.........is that the one.....jeez I know it must be something simple.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 5:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bap
If you don't have the NAV system, why would you look for NAV lines?
Your backup camera will only come on in reverse and blind you.
Seems it picks up the backup lights and they blind you if you try to use it.
I'm going to experiment with some masking tape on each side.
Actually I don't need the camera, and wife can't backup.
So maybe just tape over it.
Lee
Old September 9th, 2012, 5:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bap
yes Louis I am. I have seen the instructions in the manual but it says to hit menu button then turn the multifunction ****............I can't figure out what/where is the multifunction **** I have turned everything in there! The only menue button I have is on the radio.........is that the one.....jeez I know it must be something simple.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I sent you an email regarding this issue, however, thought I would post in the forum as well, in hopes that it may help someone else in the future.

After additional research, I have found that the guideline feature is only available via the navigation unit. I'm sorry, but this feature is not available via the rearview mirror display.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 13th, 2012, 2:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Garmin

If you have a Garmin like mine.
It don't have to be as large as mine ( 7" screen).
It can be attached to the Garmin showing whats behind you.
The view can also be reversed.

Have heard the higher its mounted the better.
I don't have one yet, but will try mounting on rear of cab to stay away from the backup lights.
Lee