Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 11th, 2015, 1:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Chevy Silverado 1500

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2011, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chevy Silverado 1500

I have a 2011 Silverado with 10,000 miles on it. The "StabiliTrak off, Service StabiliTrak and Service Traction control" indications on the dash keep coming on. I took it to the dealer three times. He keeps telling me that since there is no code coming up when they read it that there is nothing that they can do. GM gives them 0.3 hours to diagnose the problem. Has anyone had this similar problem and/or found a resolution to this problem? Thanks Kraven71
Old November 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Just when does the DIC message pop up? If it's shortly after you drive away, it means the StabiliTrak system failed to initialize successfully. In any case, the next time you take it in, leave it running with the DIC message up and let the service advisor see it. Maybe he can get somebody to take a look with a scan tool right away.
Old September 6th, 2014, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Wanted to post this somewhere but I am not computer savvy so hope this works. Last month my 2011 Silverado 1500 displayed STABILITRAK and TRACTION CONTROL lights. When I took it to the dealer it was going to be $650-700 to fix it, determined to be the Steering Positioning Sensor. I have less than 50,000 miles on the truck and felt strongly that it should be covered in the warrantee particularly due to the fact that my scan of the inet showed problems with this same issue back into the late 90s.. and a redesign in 2010 did not fix the problem. The local dealership did not give me satisfaction by offering up any reduction in price so I called Chevrolet's corporate number 1-866-790-5700 (I got Denice at X41055, who was respectful and helpful).. after laying out that liability for Chevrolet would be extensive if YET ANOTHER problem they did not respond to comes to light I was given a CASE NUMBER. I called the dealership, told them I had a case # and informed them I would not pick up the vehicle until I got satisfaction. I was able to pick it up the NEXT DAY... fixed (it's been a month + and so far so good) IT COST ME $95.18. IT is important that the public speak up for themselves and require big business to be accountable. I am a BIG CHEVY FAN and have been for years so this is not a grudge against Chevy at all. I am hoping this helps someone/anyone be informed and have a path to follow to get ANY problem fixed that has a history and should not be an issue based on mileage and proper maintenance/care. Thanks for the forum to share this!

Last edited by jandj; September 6th, 2014 at 2:44 PM.
Old March 10th, 2015, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

fog lights wiring diagram on a 2003 1500 hd
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

to Kraven71.. please look over our post dated 9/6/2014... post #284382... we had the same issue and we explain what we did ... it worked out great but the key was filing a case and getting a case # from Chevy corporate.. we put the phone number in the above referenced post.. good luck...if we don't follow through and require them to stand by things.. actually FIX them.. we all stand to lose. Chevy is too good a company to not hold them accountable.
Old March 21st, 2015, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

heavy foot ??? tire S L I P !