Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cold air from Heater

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2011, 9:02 PM
AXP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold air from Heater

I have a 2007 1500 work truck and now that its turning cold, I discover my heater is pumping cold air. Seems too soon to be a failed heater core. Has any one seen (and cured ) this problem? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old November 18th, 2011, 7:24 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Sorry to hear about your heater problems. Could you please provide a little more information so I can look into this further? You stated your truck was a 1500, is that a GMC Sierra 1500, 1500 Denali, 1500 Hybrid or Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 19th, 2011, 1:08 PM
AXP
CF Beginner

Thanks for your response : from the window sticker: 2007 Classic Silverado 1500 2WD EXT CAB W/T
Old November 19th, 2011, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Please dont shoot me for this stupid question but I have to ask the obvious, hows your fluid level in your radiator?
Old November 21st, 2011, 9:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> AXP,
Does the truck have a manual heating, ventilation and air conditioning system? Could you please pm me with your name and VIN number so I could look into this further? I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 22nd, 2011, 1:40 AM
AXP
CF Beginner

Thanks! I PMd the vin
Old November 22nd, 2011, 1:41 AM
AXP
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Agent86
Please dont shoot me for this stupid question but I have to ask the obvious, hows your fluid level in your radiator?
Good point but it has fluid. Seems to run rather cool as well 185 ish.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 2:46 PM
CF Senior Member

i've had this problem and it was simple and easy fix. The two hoses that run off the water pump into the firewall, these are hoses that give you warm air when the coolant runs over the heater core. Obviously one goes in and the other returns. Remove both hoses from water pump or firewall, but be careful you don't break the connections on the firewall because they're just plastic if you remove the hoses from there. The heater core is just vents that get garbage on them like rust chips and stuff, if you take a water hose and shoot water into the return line it will push all the garbage off those vents to give you warm air. Hope this was helpful