Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

confused over the Max towing package

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: confused over the Max towing package

The HD trailering comes with the LTZ package. Youhave the HD not the Max trailering package. Your truck is pretty much like mine except exterior color. I wanted the stabiltrak so I'd get the 4 wheel disc brakes but my dealer didn't order it because he thought it was standard on the extended cab like the crew cab. So I ended up with the drums in the rear.
Yourprice is that much higher? My sticker on the 2007 was $37,445. But like I said I didn't get the stabiltrak or the sliding rear window.

MAX TRAILERING PACK,
includes (L76) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine, (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential, (Z85) Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, (AXN) 9.5" (24.1 cm) hybrid rear axle, (N56) 4-17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) 6-lug custom aluminum wheels, (T96) fog lamps, (JD9) front and rear disc brakes and (Z82) heavy-duty trailering equipment
Manufacturer Code: NHT
$1,399
$1,685

SUSPENSION PACKAGE, HANDLING/TRAILERING, HEAVY-DUTY,
includes 46 mm piston monotube shocks and 34mm front stabilizer bar(Includes 36mm front stabilizer bar when (NHT) Max Trailering Pack is ordered.)(STD)
Manufacturer Code: Z85
$0
$0
Old May 9th, 2008, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

I am Canadian, that is why the price difference. The selection is a little different for Canada. there is no Max Trailering Package here. There is a Vortec Max Performance Package though.
I have the same thing as the Performance package except the 4.1 gear ratio and the 7200 GVWR.By chosing the stabiltrax it includes the 9.5 rear axle and the disk brakes. This was the only way I could get the LT tires, seems strangethere not available with the performance package.

Vortec Max Performance Package
$2,205
Includes slotted front bumper for additional cooling.
[ul]GVWR: 3,266 kgs (7,200 lbs)
Engine: Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI
[blockquote]Includes engine oil cooling, door badge that reads Vortec Max and Active Fuel Management. Horsepower: (hp / kw @ rpm): 367 / 274 @ 5,500.Torque (lb.-ft. / Nm @ rpm): 375 / 509 @ 4,300.[/blockquote]
Transmission: Super Duty 4-Speed Automatic
[blockquote]Includes external heavy duty, transmission oil cooler.[/blockquote]
Heavy Duty Handling/Trailering Suspension Package
[blockquote]Includes rear monotube shock absorbers.[/blockquote]
4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
Locking Differential
Tires: P265/70R-17 BW SBR On/Off Road
[blockquote]Includes 432mm (17") blackwall all seasons spare.[/blockquote]
Heavy Duty Trailering Special Equipment
[blockquote]Includes trailering hitch platform, 2" receiver, 7-wire harness (harness includes wires for: park lamps, backup lamps, right turn, left turn, electric brake lead, battery and ground) with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector, 4 blunt cut wires in the instrument panel harness for an after market trailer brake controller and a single blunt cut wire in the instrument panel harness for a centre high-mounted stop lamp.[/blockquote]
[ul][*]Extra Capacity Transmission Cooling
[blockquote]Air-to-oil.[/blockquote][*]High Capacity Air Cleaner [/ul][/ul]
This option features:[/align][ul][*]OHV valvetrain [*]Variable valve timing [*]V-8 [*]Sequential multi-point electronic fuel injection [*]Front mounted [*]Regular unleaded fuel [*]Electronic ignition [*]Longitudinally mounted [*]Aluminum engine block [*]Aluminum cylinder head [*]Cylinder deactivation [*]SAEJ1349 AUG2004 compliant [*]Automatic transmission [*]Overdrive [*]Lock-up torque converter [*]Electronically controlled Transmission [*]Transmission oil cooler [*]Limited slip differential [*]Heavy-duty suspension [*]All-terrain tires [*]Heavy-duty trailering [*]Wiring harness [*]Class IV rating [/ul][/align]

Old May 9th, 2008, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

BTW Old Coot ....In Canada, Stabiltrax is standard on the CrewCab's, so the book says
Old May 9th, 2008, 4:08 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: FeelTheThunder

BTW Old Coot ....In Canada, Stabiltrax is standard on the CrewCab's, so the book says
Yes that is why my dealer didn't order it. I told him I wanted it and he thought it was standard on the extended cab as itis on the crew cab. I wanted it and also the 4 wheel disc brakes. But it stops very good and I'm not towing a trailer very often and when I do it has electric brakes.
If you ever want to put a after market brake controller on,I have the instructions from Prodigy for doing it. You have to hook up a couple of wires under the hood.

A few years back my wife and I went through the Cheverolet & GMC plant in Oshawa. Was treated very well and only her and I were on the tour.
Old November 28th, 2015, 12:14 AM
CF Beginner

Just curious. I have the Canadian 08 GMC vortec max with trailer package. What would be the difference between the Canadian Vortec Max Performance Package and the American Vortex Max Max trailering package?

I bought it used in 2011 so I don't really know what packages it does or doesn't have. I know from it has a 4.10 axle, all wheel disc brakes, 17" wheels, foglights, factory trailer brake controller, and the sales guy said it had other stuff like upgraded transmission. Can't remember what else he told me or if he was feeding me BS...probably why I didn't really listen to him. I only really cared about the rear axle and towing capacity.

Anyways, love the truck. For a half ton its a monster and tows like a boss (if you leave it in 3rd). LOL My only complaints would be the crappy GM rad and crappy GM oil/tranny cooler lines. My extended warranty ran out this year. I had the rad and oil cooler lines replaced under warranty. They wouldn't fix the tranny cooler lines. I plan to replace the lines with good braided ones and if the rad goes again I'll get a good aftermarket rad.

Last edited by Meat Popsicle; November 28th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.