Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crackling radio

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2023, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crackling radio

Just bought a new 2022 Silverado RST and the radio started crackling 3 weeks in when the volume went over 50%. My neighbor said to check the AMP fuse and while I was looking around in the fuse box, I noticed that almost every fuse and relay was loose or not seated properly. I pushed every fuse down to check that it was seated correctly. The radio issue is now gone. Do you think this is a fluke or a bigger issue with the fuse block? I saw that there was a GM issue a few years ago, not sure if it is still an issue? Never found a fuse associated with an amplifier. Seems that the interior electronics are in the cabin fuse boxes. Will check those as well.
Old April 2nd, 2023, 6:53 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by DMFgolf
Just bought a new 2022 Silverado RST and the radio started crackling 3 weeks in when the volume went over 50%. My neighbor said to check the AMP fuse and while I was looking around in the fuse box, I noticed that almost every fuse and relay was loose or not seated properly. I pushed every fuse down to check that it was seated correctly. The radio issue is now gone. Do you think this is a fluke or a bigger issue with the fuse block? I saw that there was a GM issue a few years ago, not sure if it is still an issue? Never found a fuse associated with an amplifier. Seems that the interior electronics are in the cabin fuse boxes. Will check those as well.
Sometimes you should be happy that it's fixed.