Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dealer say's no to towing mirrors for 08 Silverado LT

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2009, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer say's no to towing mirrors for 08 Silverado LT

I purchased a new 2008 Silverado LT ext. cab with a tow package and the folding heated mirrors with built-in turn signals. At that time I requested them to add towing mirrors to the purchase. They didn't have them and would have to order them. OK no problem right. Wrong!!! After waiting for several weeks , I finally called and was told that the were in. Made an appointment for 8:00 sat. morning arrived at 7:30 waited in line til about 9:15 then was told I could wait in the lounge and they would call me in 1-1/2 to 2 hours.After 2-1/2 hours I went looking for my truck. I was finally told that they had installed the mirrors but that they didn't fit correctly and the would need check with GM and order the correct mirrors. After wating a week was called by the dealer and informed ( get this) they do not make the towing mirrors for an LT Silverado !!! WTF?
Has anyone else run into this? Are they just blowing smoke or does GM really sell vehicles with tow packages but not the mirrors to go with them. I just heard from the dealer and they want me to go in and talk to see what they can do for me.
Can anyone shed some light on this.
P. S. I like GM, 5 of the last 6 new trucks i've bought have been GM's.
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Worst case scenario you get the curved mirrors (the adhesive ones you can buy and put on yourself)
Old February 9th, 2009, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

This is just a guess, but is it possible the won't work on an LT because of the electronics? Also, the LT has a different interior door panels than the LT2 & LTZ.

Using http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/frameset3.cfm

Here is what I found:
GM PART # 19202235
DESCRIPTION: MIRROR PK 2007-2008 new body style Silverado/Sierra with option code A31 power windows, and DL8 mirrors, converters to option code DPN mirrors.
Black outside rear view mirror package, without switch bezel, converts to option code DPN, wide load, vertical glass, manual extending, heated, with turn signal, and electric remote control.

GM PART #19211738 < This was no-longer available, but try another dealer.
DESCRIPTION: MIRROR PKBlack Extendable Mirror (w/o RPO Code YE9)
Description
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Thats TOTAL BS! The mirrors are a direct bolt-on, especially since you already have the button (heat) installed from the factory. I have a few "want" threads on different forums looking for the power, heated, turn signal tow mirrors b/c I know they will work. Find a new dealership!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

I have an '08 Silverado 2500HD LT 4X4 Crew Cab that has tow mirrors on it. Is yours a 1500 or 2500? Although it shouldnt matter if its a 1500 as I have seen some around that have tow mirrors on them as well. Hope this helps!!