Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Doors locking automatically

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2019, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors locking automatically

This is intermittent it doesn't do it all the time I get out of the truck it will go ding ding ding and the doors lock. Anybody else experiencing something like this and what's causing it
Old December 12th, 2019, 12:25 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle mcgary
This is intermittent it doesn't do it all the time I get out of the truck it will go ding ding ding and the doors lock. Anybody else experiencing something like this and what's causing it
Have you gone into your control panel settings yet?
Old December 12th, 2019, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Have you gone into your control panel settings yet?
no how do I do that
Old December 12th, 2019, 7:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle mcgary
no how do I do that
Well, I am not an up-to-date tech as tech2 is, on the latest high tech stuff (my old 1998 Chevy K-1500 is as manual as it gets, with only a AM/FM/CD radio and manual door locks,. but I have a 2015 Chevy Malibu so I understand the Chevrolet display system well enough and am great at fixing home PC's and android phone issues, so I am not a complete dumbbell on electronic issues these days, being an older guy who grew up when there were no such things at all. In fact I really miss the times before cellphones, as I am a lover of my freedom and all these new devices do is track you (Onstar) and so you've no little to no privacy at all. The Onstar is DOA on my Malibu, so less tracking for yours truly. Sorry for the rant. It is what happens when you become older and hopefully wiser. I don't like being tracked so the Smartphone is off much of the time.

But back to your issue:

You simply have to not be driving, else your Silverado wont allow you to change settings, but on my 15' Malibu you simply push the "config" button to allow access to your onboard display. Once you do that you scroll down to "vehicle settings" with your right hand radio dial and go down "Vehicle Settings"to your "door lock" display and choose which options it shows there that you like best. On My Malibu there are about three settings you can choose from. Choose the one you like best and you push the button on that selection then hit the save it hitting your radio selection button again.
Then you just hit the back button until you are back to your regular display. With any luck that will fix your issue. I have that set on mine, but have it set for drivers door only. Even us old guys can learn a trick or three!

Last edited by oilcanhenry; December 12th, 2019 at 7:29 PM.