Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

fuel pump help

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump help

I made a stupid mistake while swaping a motor in my 88 2500 truck . i somehow pinched a wire between the block and trans during the swap. when i was finished and reinstalling the ground cable to the battery i noticed that it arced hard when i put it on. I walked away for a few minutes and herd a pop. When i returned i saw a little smoke around the firewall so i disconnected the battery and gave up for the day . Today i discoverd the pinched wires and cut them loose .(the truck has a turbo 400 trans and i don't remember these wires being connected to anything. I checked the fuse in the engine compartment for power and nothing on both sides. I checked all the wires going to the fuel pump relay and no power to any wire . is there another fuse to check? where does the pump get it's power from? The truck ran before the swap. It will run on starting fluid but there is no spray from the injectors.