Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

help please

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2011, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if that is the case, then there is your answer. These trucks have a MAP sensor.
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:32 AM
CF Active Member

well ive been looking around and talking around and im going to try replacing the PCM first, the reason why is because the truck is starting up for a second and then stalling, which is making me think that its just running off the prime when you turn the key and then within seconds its burning the prime shot and then dying so my theory at the moment is when i was having that shorting problem becuase of that ground grounding out for so long, it sllowly wore out on the computer, i have some experiments to do today but ill keep yall posted
Old January 31st, 2011, 3:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, its your money, but that would only be true if the car was built with GM PAssKey antitheft system. If the pump turns on the the PCM is on. The power signal runs through the PCM when the key is turned to the run or start position.
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
CF Active Member

alright so i sort of figured things out a little...... i got the truck running and started up fine but i still have some work to do, after doing alot of test i found that i wasnt getting enough fuel pressure, which i didnt even test because i replaced my fuel pump, so i found that the 2 inch piece of hose that connects the fuel pump to the fuel pump hosing had a small crack in it and i had about 40 psi to the injectors, so i replaced that and it started right up and as a drove around the performance started decreasing big time, so i ran the codes on it and both the right and left banks were funning rich, and when you turn the key to prime the engine, i get 65 psi, but with the engine running im getting 50 psi, so im not going to be able to work on it till monday but im thinking its either injectors stuck open or faulty fuel pressure regulator, any ideas?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 9:47 AM
CF Active Member

alrightty so after doing some exploring i found that sometime in the past ive had back firing into the manifold and it actually melted my spider poppet system so it was just pooring fuel into the manifold so i was running extremely rich, i found a guy elling his on ebay for $120 so i bought it and installed it yesterday, its running andthe best in about a month but still not to great, also while installing the MAP senor i accidentally broke it so thats probably why its not running perfect, so i have some tinkering to go