Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Infotainment System Frozen or Black Screen

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2015, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infotainment System Frozen or Black Screen

I own a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. My current mileage is 8,115. My infotainment system either locks up or goes completely black. This has happened approx. 6 times or so. I have brought it to my local dealer that I purchased it from on 2 occasions and they tell me there is nothing they can do because it works well while there. The problem is after the truck is shut off it will recycle and function properly. The dealer stated my system has the latest update. Has anyone had this issue addressed? What was the outcome or fix?

Please Help.
Old June 8th, 2016, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Infotainment system problems

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox that has a problematic Infotainment system. My screen will freeze, drop my device from the list of connected bluetooth devices, and make stuttering noises with the audio played over bluetooth.
I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they have provided an update to the system as the fix. After the first time, I started realizing I have deeper problems than a simple “update” will fix. These updates are not covered under any extended warranty according to the service representative.

Here are a few videos that show the symptoms.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTM5ftU2EoFTzkBWEUaYV1UvwjGOrLm7

Has anyone else had the same issue? I live in California and want to see if this is covered by the CA Lemon Law.
Old June 8th, 2016, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Black Screen

Originally Posted by goodshink
I own a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. My current mileage is 8,115. My infotainment system either locks up or goes completely black. This has happened approx. 6 times or so. I have brought it to my local dealer that I purchased it from on 2 occasions and they tell me there is nothing they can do because it works well while there. The problem is after the truck is shut off it will recycle and function properly. The dealer stated my system has the latest update. Has anyone had this issue addressed? What was the outcome or fix?

Please Help.
I had the same problem and so far after 5 updates mine is fine.

The solution - they had to do complete wipe out of my current software and do a complete reinstall of the software. I then had to delete my iPhone from the system. I then had to shut my imojes off of my iPhone and then reconnect my phone to the infotainment system.
Supposedly the imojes has some type of effect on the system. They will not lemon law the truck for a infotainment issue because it's not an essential or safety item. I went through all of this already and hopefully my situation is resolved and hopefully this will help you. Tell them that corporate has a bulletin out for this issue and this is the only way to completely resolve the issue. It's time consuming and took approx. 2 1/2 days to reload the software. They had to leave the accessory switch turned on while hookjng up a battery charger to the battery to avoid it from dieing. Good luck!