Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leaning

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaning

Just bought a 2006 Silverado. I've noticed that it leans, low on drivers side by about an inch and a half.
Only had about a quarter tank of gas at the time. Took it to the dealer and was told "that is normal, there's nothing that can be done". Is this true? I find this very hard to believe. With less than 1000 miles on the truck and this has taken a happy customer to a very unhappy one.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Leaning

That dosen't seem right to me. I don't see why anything would sit like that. Especially nowdays. I would take it back to the dealer and tell them to cut the %#@%#@ and do something to fix it or give you another truck.
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Tried another dealer, was told the same thing. Why doesn't that surprize me? Having lifted a few other trucks in my younger days (and going to explain to these idiots how to fix this), the things I can think of are new springs. If its a design problem then the options are to move a spring mount or perhaps use a block on the left side between the axle and spring pack. Anyone have any other ideas? Are all service depts at Chevy dealers this idiotic or do I just have 2 bad ones around here? And that poor sales girls wants a good survey, want to take bets on that at this point in time?
Old July 14th, 2006, 8:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Honestly I would take it to the dealer and tell them you are not going to leave untill they do something about it. That is not right to me. And that sould not be normal.