Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This misfire is stumping everyone

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation This misfire is stumping everyone

Ok, this is taking a long time to type, i slammed my middle finger in the truck door, but...

I was trying to pass a person, and sped up, they increased speed, so i increased, and they increased and so i hit the gas harder and it down shifted to like 2 or something, and this guy couldnt keep up, but didnt give me rook to pass him so this car was ahead of me and i slammed my brakes, he went by, then i hit the gas and my truck started to shake... i thought it was tq verter shudder and then i hit it in neutral, and it was real shakey, pulled to a safe area, and shut it off. now, i get a misfire on cylinder 5.

we(my friends an I) learned that its kinds shaky idle but drives ok, not a full misfire, so we pulled plugs, looked ok, did a spark test, cylinder 5 was erratic and weak and strong and weak and strong. as u increase revs it gets better but still kinda weak. we pulled cap and rotor off, swapped cap, rotor looked good. checked wires for resistance and continuity and good within spec. swapped wires and still weird fire on cylinder 5. code scanner ran diagnostics on it, specificly only cylinder 5. I have tried a new sam sensor as well, swapped a brand new wire and plug and still, I swapped a ignition module and for 2 seconds it sounded ok, then it was slightly misfiring again. what do you guys think? we are stumped. In the last year, i have replaced- coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, injectors. now theres a new cam sensor in there, but still...

but let me know what you think. my SES lite isnt flashing, but yea... any info or insight would be massivly appreciated.