Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MyLink tweaks

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2014, 10:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyLink tweaks

I have a new 2014 vehicle with MyLink and thought this a good place to start for suggestions.
So far it seems to be working well and I'm pretty impressed with all the features.
The Nav has me a bit perplexed though. I tried to add a Home destination to the system to make it easy to just hit a button like most nav systems and just "GO HOME" , but no such luck. I'm sure it would be an easy button for them to add to the software if they can do a firmware change, which I assume they can, somehow, because they clearly left room for more apps, etc.
In the meantime, I have a couple addresses I've entered incorrectly when I was playing around with it and they keep coming up either on the recently used screen or the home screen and I'm not sure how, or if I even can, delete them? **Edit - I found the delete button in the nav menu, but nav menu still needs a "GO HOME" button!
Also my Pandora doesn't seem to be connecting through/from my iPhone which I think is the only way for it to connect? **Edit - The Pandora started working. I rebooted the phone and that seemed to do it.
Now wondering if the USB connectors will take a 64GB flash drive? Or a portable USB hard drive?

Last edited by mad max; April 7th, 2014 at 8:57 PM.