Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!

Hey guys, im new to this site and just joined. I have a 1990 short bed silverado with a 5.7 tbi. it has very high miles at 299k. the truck was running fine with no problems until today. i took my truck to a new place to get my oil changed, went fine. then later i drove the truck over 20 miles and it shut off on me. it had never done so before. i was able to turn it back on but not easy. then i got it to where i needed it and it shut off and it will barely turn on. I called the place that did the oil change and come to find out they put 7 quarts of oil in my truck! i have never heard of that, i always put 5 quarts of oil in all of my vehicles. the sticker that they put up when to come back also said synthetic blend, ive always just used regular conventional oil, and now my truck doesnt run and the check engine light came on! i know its an old motor but there was absolutley nothing wrong with it till after the oil change, can somebody please help me out! I removed 2 quarts of oil already.
Old January 10th, 2013, 2:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seem very odd even with 2 extra quarts it shouldn't of done that ,, my guess only is they might of did something , or oil pump , even maybe they didn't put the oil filter on right.. hope you find out your problem!