Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help, severe problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2009, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, severe problems!!!

Well, I let a "friend" work on my truck for me, they were installing a stereo and decided to jery-rig it. In the process, completely screwed everything up - they cut the OEM clip.

After that, would have to roll the dimmer switch to get any sound out of my speakers and then turn off the auto sensor on my dash so I could see my dash display during the day, at night, everything was just really dim.

Have rewired the stereo, put OEM clip back and it is re-wired to factory specs, and still having same problem. Went and bought a new dimmer switch and same problem.

I am finally at my wits end and can not figure out what in the hell the problem could be. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I do have friends that I can trust and will buy a 12 pack for to work on my truck for me.
Old July 29th, 2009, 1:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks... If you can get me a pic of what was wired up I can help you out. Until seeing exactly what is going to what, I couldn't tell you a thing.
Old July 29th, 2009, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get one up tomorrow, just got home a few mins ago and its too dark to take a pic but Ill get one on here tomorrow.

Did stop into a shop in town I frequent, and I know the guy that runs it. They said I will need to go to one of the audio shops in town and they could fix it for me.

Oh, and in case I didnt state earlier, I have a 2000 silverado 1500.