Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help troubleshooting front end noise

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2010, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help troubleshooting front end noise

Hello I am new here and I need some help. I have replaced upper and lower ball joints right and left, tie rod ends and idler arm, inspected and greased bearings right and left, replaced lower control arm bushings on right side, replaced motor mounts, and still when I turn left there is a clunking noise. I have a 1984 chevy Scottsdale. Can someone please help me figure this out?

I see quite a few people have viewed my post, but no-one has replied. I thought maybe if I gave additional info that it would help. Left lower control and right and left upper control arms look fine. I have also put 4 new shocks on the vehicle. The sound is coming from the right side of the vehicle, but could a problem in the Power steering gear box make it sound like the problem is on the right side front of vehicle?

Last edited by 84chevyhelp; March 27th, 2010 at 6:38 AM. Reason: Give additional information