Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

In need of serious help

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2010, 6:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the holes in the air box are before the maf sensor.. it shouldnt affect the fuel mileage that much. the 02's should read the same with or without the holes because the engine should be burning all the fuel/air no matter what. and besides that.. the engine can only suck so much air in. I doubt you cutting holes in your air box is really making it suck that much more air in to have to dump 3 miles per gallon worth of fuel in to compensate. Sounds funny to me.
Old March 18th, 2010, 7:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nauticstar87
HHHHmmm. make sme think. My truck has been falling on It's face today.
when are you getting your crank relearn?
Old March 18th, 2010, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

i actually lost 6 miles per gallon. After many many many mechanics, and shade tree mech's looked at it, i had a guy who is a chevy guru around these parts tell me not the amount of air, but the temp of air being as it's still winter-ish here... He said thats why i lost so much, because of the temp of the air it was pulling being so cold, it made it run rich all the time. I dont know really, i know that i ran 200 miles between every "fix" that i tried, and this one is the only one that has worked. Im back in the high 18mpg now, which is a lil less then when i started but its way better then what it was. Im happy, well.... Id like more power and lil more rumble, but i've had enough probs for now....
Old March 19th, 2010, 6:16 AM
CF Junior Member

oh ok, didn't know you were from somewhere cold. sorry. still hard for me to believe that just the temp of the air will make it run rich enough all the time to drop 6 mpg's. where do you live?? Northern Alaska? lol