Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need some help

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2008, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

im getting ready to go on a thirty six hour road trip to Mexico with some friends in a couple of weeks, besides a lot of gas money what do you guys think i should do to my 03 to get it ready for this trip, thanks for the help.
Old May 29th, 2008, 1:22 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: need some help

hi guy ,check tire condition suspention u-joints ,battery ,cable's belts 'hose's antifreeze ,filters ,ect good luck !
Old May 29th, 2008, 4:19 PM
CF Active Member

Yea, probably flush the radiator out real good too.

Bring a lot of cash for bribing the mexican police when they pull your white asses over for no reason hah. Seriously, I know a guy who did the same exact thing and said he was pulled over 3 times for no reason and basically had to spot the cop $20 to get him to leave them alone. Other than that he said it was the best trip of his life.
Old May 29th, 2008, 4:45 PM
CF Junior Member

thanks for the advice guys i will be doing all these things to keep the truck running good..by the way im Mexican jmack91z28 lol...its all good though i know exactly how it is in Mexico
Old May 29th, 2008, 5:17 PM
CF Senior Member

I dont think the Mexican Cops care if your Mexican or not, youve got US plates on your truck, they will jack with you just the same way they would a white guy, lol.

Seriously though, Maybe it would be a good time for a fresh oil change, check all fluid levels, make sure your spare tire is in good shape and has air in it, you definatley dont want to be stranded. Not sure if Onstar works in Mexico. Make sure all your tires are aired up to specs, and are in good shape. I wouldnt carry too much cash. Maybe get a gas credit card. If you get mugged or lose your wallet, your not out all that money, just cancel the credit card and your not responsible for unauthorized charges. Make sure you dont forget your cell phone charger, been there done that. Make sure your carrier will provide coverage in Mexico, dont want to be without a phone.
Old May 30th, 2008, 2:35 PM
CF Junior Member

past experiences taught me that Mexican cops dont care what you are or who you are their willing to take your money to let you go its kind of sad to say...those are all good tips fireman i'll keep them all in mind