Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Interior lights with good fuses

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2020, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Interior lights with good fuses

Morning,
My 2002 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6L has 345,000 miles and will still light um up but my interior lights don't. Got it used 5 yrs ago and the dome light, door lights and under the dash lights don't come on when you open the door. When you open the door there's no light on the dash indicating a door open. The radio turn's off after you open the doors. The navigation lights work when you push the buttons.
I've replaced the (BCM) Body Control Module and had a shop program it. I get 12v on all the orange wires to the sockets. There's no continuity on the white wire. When you but a bulb in the dome and doors, I have 12v on the white wire. Which makes since completing the circuit. So I grounded the white wire and the lights work. But guess what, they don't shut off now.(of course I took my wire off so i don't drain the battery). When I push the unlock button the door light, lights up very dim.
I tore the panels off and half of the damn dash apart trying to find a broken wire or short with a power probe wire tracer. The power probe says it's a open circuit. I checked all plugs at all for doors and unplugging them. One of the relays were missing by the brake pedal and I installed a new one. Sounds like a bad ground wire right, but where?

Please Help
Thanks
Old March 16th, 2020, 12:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by dadsmetal
Morning,
My 2002 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6L has 345,000 miles and will still light um up but my interior lights don't. Got it used 5 yrs ago and the dome light, door lights and under the dash lights don't come on when you open the door. When you open the door there's no light on the dash indicating a door open. The radio turn's off after you open the doors. The navigation lights work when you push the buttons.
I've replaced the (BCM) Body Control Module and had a shop program it. I get 12v on all the orange wires to the sockets. There's no continuity on the white wire. When you but a bulb in the dome and doors, I have 12v on the white wire. Which makes since completing the circuit. So I grounded the white wire and the lights work. But guess what, they don't shut off now.(of course I took my wire off so i don't drain the battery). When I push the unlock button the door light, lights up very dim.
I tore the panels off and half of the damn dash apart trying to find a broken wire or short with a power probe wire tracer. The power probe says it's a open circuit. I checked all plugs at all for doors and unplugging them. One of the relays were missing by the brake pedal and I installed a new one. Sounds like a bad ground wire right, but where?

Please Help
Thanks
Is it both doors?
Old March 16th, 2020, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

All 4 doors
Old March 16th, 2020, 5:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

You need to get an electrical schematic and component location diagram to find and inspect all your ground circuits.

After that you'll have to deal with the "always on" problem, but it'll be easier.
The following users liked this post:
dadsmetal (March 24th, 2020)
Old March 24th, 2020, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

May be related.
Tried to program a key fob and it wont program.
Old March 24th, 2020, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Found the park indicator switch was broken. Replaced it and now the P is lit up but the interior lights still don't work