Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Odometer/gearshift display on fritz

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer error displayed

found this thread and wanted to bump, as it seems similar to my problem with 2005 Silverado. I have 47000 miles and will take to local dealer to see what they will do if this issue with odometer error is part of instrument panel problem and will mention the warranty.
Old October 11th, 2011, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by TexasM
found this thread and wanted to bump, as it seems similar to my problem with 2005 Silverado. I have 47000 miles and will take to local dealer to see what they will do if this issue with odometer error is part of instrument panel problem and will mention the warranty.
Well took my truck to the local dealer and found instrument cluster is bad, but according to my VIN I am not in the recall or repair of this item for my 2005 vehicle. Hopefully it will be covered under extended warranty if they can recover the mileage from the computer for verification with extended warranty carrier.
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Talking

Originally Posted by zee28
The digital display that shows the gear you are in as well as the odometer on my 99 Silverado is acting up. When you start the truck is doesn't turn on. If you press the trip meter reset button, it usually comeson slowly and then may stay on for a while or fade away when you aren't looking. It can be really annoying because sometimes you wonder if you really did put the truckin reverse. Ithink banging on it will alsoturn it on.

Anybody else have this happen? Is it likely to be something loose or something that needs to be altogether replaced?

Thanks,

Jay
Hey, I am Kunkun. I swear I have nothing to do with it