Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please help, I,m going crazy

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2014, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, I,m going crazy

I have a 2001 chevy silverado 1500 pickup truck. It starts up for a split second then kills. I replaced the fuel pump twice, replaced the oil pressure switch and also replaced the crankshaft sensor. I checked all fuses on the inside and outside twice. All fuses are good. The security light stays on steady so i think it the palllock system not letting it start. I tried to reset it by leaving the key on for ten to fifteen minutes but it never shuts off no matter how long you leave it on for. Also the gas guage isn't working, I have a half tank of gas but it shows empty and says low fuel on the readout. I tried to hook up 2 different scanners but they will not connect so I think the data port isn't working either. Any help would greatly be appreciated because I have been working on it for 2 days with no luck. Also, when you test the factory disarm wire in the door which is light green, it sends positive not negative. Thank you.

Last edited by darrinhammond; April 5th, 2014 at 8:10 PM.
Old April 5th, 2014, 9:12 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the ignition switch.

Allan
Old April 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it to auto zone or pep boys and get them to hook up a computer reader thing and they can tell you any problems with it and locate where the problems are.. it better than guessing and spending meaningless money