Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rattle / vibration on 2013 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Michael Weed,

I am sorry to hear that. I can certainly re-open your case and assist you during this concern. Can you please private message me your case number?

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 7th, 2013, 5:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are factory 20" rims. Truck is Z-71 touring package. The dealership as of today still have not resolved the vibration. They claim all the trucks have it to some degree and it meets the GM standards
Old January 12th, 2015, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a 2013 Silverado 1500 Z-71 in July of 2014, never had any concerns until extreme cold enveloped the region, then over the last two weeks I noticed a vibration when gradually accelerating at various speeds.

I thought it was the transmission slipping until I went to the V4/V8 display on the console. When the truck was in V4 mode and I accelerated gradually, the truck vibrated, the vibration ended when the trucked shifted to V8.

Is this a common issue with this model?
The following users liked this post:
Joe blough (October 5th, 2019)
Old January 13th, 2015, 7:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mcspidy
I purchased a 2013 Silverado 1500 Z-71 in July of 2014, never had any concerns until extreme cold enveloped the region, then over the last two weeks I noticed a vibration when gradually accelerating at various speeds.

I thought it was the transmission slipping until I went to the V4/V8 display on the console. When the truck was in V4 mode and I accelerated gradually, the truck vibrated, the vibration ended when the trucked shifted to V8.

'

Hey there,

Very sorry for this! If you do need any additional assistance into the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following users liked this post:
Joe blough (October 5th, 2019)
Old October 5th, 2019, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
'

Hey there,

Very sorry for this! If you do need any additional assistance into the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have the same exact problem just wondering what the fixes for it?
Old October 5th, 2019, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mcspidy

Are you still on here? LOL

I am having the same issue just wondering what the fix is?
Old October 5th, 2019, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
'

Hey there,

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

I am watching my display right now on the dash. Mine is doing the stutter or vibration in V8 mode.